Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: sick money again for C64/128 CMD SuperCPU on ebay  (Read 3635 times)

Description:

Offline pwermonger

• Show all replies
Re: sick money again for C64/128 CMD SuperCPU on ebay
« on: February 02, 2011, 01:31:35 PM »
It's a bit silly, in my opinion, to be against this if it could be done and be profitable. I think Commodore enthusiasts have shown time and time again they are willing to purchase reasonable priced new hardware to feed their hobby of keeping on using the old 8bit systems as much as we do with our Amigas.
I can see the current owners of SuperCPUs being worried new hardware would reduce the value of their current hardware. But, if you purchased one for a crazy amount of money hopeing it would be worth even crazier money, then like any investment you took your chances. With classic hardware you always take your chance with it. Any of it can not turn the next time the switch is flipped even if not used and kept safe adn snug in a box which turns that goldmine into just another curiosity of a bygone age.
New hardware sane people can actually aford would put it in hands of new developers who still code for these systems meaning more software and even more hardware projects. I'm not sure it could be done for $100 considering the time and low expected volume of sales, but even $200 I'm sure many can justify considering some 1541 replacement hardware is in the $100 range.