Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOS 4.x WB official replacement why not?  (Read 17484 times)

Description:

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: AmigaOS 4.x WB official replacement why not?
« on: June 01, 2015, 05:25:54 AM »
So all this talk about how the folders open up new windows, etc reminds me of the Nautilus Spatial feature that the Gnome developers tried to release at some point in time.

https://people.gnome.org/~bmsmith/build/nautilus-spatial-mode.html

When it first appeared, I was thinking "sweet, it works just like the Amiga!"  but there was so much fallout from that feature being default, they changed it from that to an option.  Then they removed it entirely when they rewrote nautilus for Gnome 3.  I was kind of sad to see it go.

These are some of the features that kamelito asked for, they're all in Nautilus, explorer, dolphin, etc.  I say leave the Amiga the way it is :D

slaapliedje
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: AmigaOS 4.x WB official replacement why not?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 02:19:46 AM »
I do find it rather funny, I almost always forget to snapshot things, but it is kind of one of those crappy, yet awesome features that I haven't seen in any other OS.  Most of them just allow list, icon view, sort alphabetical, ascending, descending, sort by date, etc.  But I don't know a single one that just lets you sort them however you damn well please.

slaapliedje
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.