Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kill old CLI processes?  (Read 3905 times)

Description:

Offline jkirk

• Show all replies
Re: Kill old CLI processes?
« on: June 11, 2009, 02:23:42 PM »
it has been so long since i dealt with this i don't know if this helps but i think when you have a batch file such as startup_sequence it opens a shell while working. as long as the program started by this batch file is running that shell won't close. well unless the output is sent to >nil or >null. so chances are those shell processes are being held open by a certain process.

dangit i got bea by two people. i suck at typing.
The only stupid question is a question not asked.  

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can\'t stand one bit of competition.

Offline jkirk

• Show all replies
Re: Kill old CLI processes?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 02:45:17 PM »
Quote from: motorollin;510594
Even if you use run, each programme which gets loaded is still a process so will still shift the next shell's process number along by 1. Using Run just detaches it from the current shell processes (allowing e.g. startup-sequence to continue running without waiting for the other programme to finish what it's doing). Redirecting output to NIL just means you don't see the text telling you which shell process has been created for the command.

yea that's right. it has been so long i am a bit rusty.:lol:
The only stupid question is a question not asked.  

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can\'t stand one bit of competition.