Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Linux PPC on CyberstormPPC  (Read 2572 times)

Description:

Offline DandyTopic starter

• http://www.wiehltalbahn.de/en/
Linux PPC on CyberstormPPC
« on: April 21, 2007, 08:03:42 AM »
I've got thre "Amiga Unix Compendium" CDs lying around for a fair while now and would like to give LinuxPPC on my A4k with CSPPC a try.

Unfortunately I'm completely unfamiliar with Linux - and the kernel on my CDs does not support the UW-SCSI hostadapter on my CSPPC, which I'm using excusively.

I read trough the stuff and learned that I would have to use a newer kernel, which would have support for the UW-SCSI hostadapter on my CSPPC.

But here the problem starts - I already have problems to decide which stuff I need to download from where.
Linux is so confusing - hundreds of thousands of different kernels, bootstraps or so - spread over the web - and no guide that leads one through...
 :crazy:

My question now is:
Is anyone here in this forum who is experienced in using LinuxPPC on a CyberstormPPC and is willing to share his knowledge with me?
All the best,

Dandy

Website maintained by me

If someone enjoys marching to military music, then I already despise him. He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him! (Albert Einstein)