Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Port Taipan to Commodore 64 Bounty" completed!  (Read 1777 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
"Port Taipan to Commodore 64 Bounty" completed!
« on: January 20, 2011, 02:51:13 AM »
Taipan was a very popular game for the Apple II which never had a proper release on the Commodore 64. A bounty for the port has been completed and the game is available for download. A lot of people scoffed at the idea such a simple concept for a game could be fun, but as people try out the Commodore 64 port they realize why it was so popular on the Apple II. Supposedly Taipan on the Apple II was one of WOZ's favorite games.

This is the 3rd completed bounty for Commodore Bounty and the first game port bounty. What should be next? Maybe an open clone of some CMD hardware?
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
Re: "Port Taipan to Commodore 64 Bounty" completed!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 04:16:31 AM »
Heh, I wasnt aware of c64 bounties. Being that the c64 is my 2nd favorite machine it's good to see this sort of thing. I'll definately be keeping an eye on that site from now on  :)
It's a shame I wasnt aware of the Taipain bounty, I wouldve taken it up myself. I guess I could do an Amiga version just for kicks.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 04:19:44 AM by fishy_fiz »
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Re: "Port Taipan to Commodore 64 Bounty" completed!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 04:32:40 AM »
Now for a port to the Atari 8-bit. ;)
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs