Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AROS on Xbox just for fun :)  (Read 3531 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: AROS on Xbox just for fun :)
« on: January 24, 2012, 05:45:51 PM »
Only way to run AROS on an XBox360 is the same way as running AROS on the original XBox, and that is to run it hosted on Linux. PPC native versions of AROS are limited to Sam440 and Efika, to run it on any other PPC hardware you'll need to run it hosted.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: AROS on Xbox just for fun :)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 02:12:46 AM »
Quote from: Mrs Beanbag;677308
Any reason why?  Being able to run it native would be awesome on a stick. If it means massive coding, it might give me something to do.

It simply hasnt been ported to that hardware yet. Even Xbox1 needs a little work, despite its gpu and audio hardware more or less being supported in aros.

There's a few efforts at the moment to create something that appears native to the user while having the benefit of utilising the hardware that linux supports though. This is probably the closest a person will get until someone with an interest decides to port AROS to said systems. There's just recently been a wrapper of sorts finished to allow for 3d hardware access under hosted too.

Not a "perfect" solution for purists, but quite handy for bringing aros to places it cant, or can only partially go for the moment.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.