Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I've used DiskMonTools to repair FFS partitions over 4GB. It takes ages. For under 4GB I use the old Haynie classic DiskSalv!

The new DiskDoctor cannot repair, it only rescues files to another storage medium.

Your best bet is to backup all files, format the partition and restore the backup.
Does it really? I own both 3.1.4 and 3.2, but will they be ok repairing a FFS of 3.9?

It might do 🤷🏻‍♂️ Might be worth updating the FFS first to 3.2.2. But as I have mentioned before. Backup the partition first before you try it.

Failing that. Backup the partition data by using Dopus or copy command to another media. Then perhaps try HDToolBox and reseting the partition and re-formatting. Then copy back the data.

I prefer to use PFS3AIO to FFS as it’s quicker and there are plenty of fix tools out there for it.
Amiga/MorphOS/AROS Programmers Forum / Re: CGX v4 Supergels Bug
« Last post by teslamaitre on May 10, 2024, 11:08:36 AM »
Thanks Boing Ball for your return.
Hi,

Tried everything, read everything I could find online.
Amiga OS version 3.2.2.1 with a Raspberry Pi 3A+ on a A1200
I also upgraded P96 V2.0 from aminet to P96 V3.4.1 from Icomp.

I am using Emu68 1.0.1 (25.03.2024). git:98b83c7
On the screen connected via HDMI, a fine picture appears with "68 PISTORM"

But when I press "Emu68-VC4" under Storage -> Monitors the following error appears.

Software Failure
Emu68-VC4
Program failed (error #80000008).
Wait for disk activity to finisk.

Have checked whether there was anything strange via SnoopDos, but here everything is OK until the above error appears.

Hope someone can show me how to solve this problem.
Just an extra bit of info, wifipi works with wap2 without problems.

Solved
I went back and forth until I got to Emu68-tools-20240421-a8ca6b.zip
Here #80000008 disappeared and I now have a picture via HDMI
Hi All,

I'm reconstructing an A4000D with a Toaster and Flyer.  As I run into problems (Center Frequency), I search the web for the procedure.  I'm finding all the sites I've used have vanished.  Here are two examples of sites I look:

http://www.rabayjr.com/Amiga/Flyer_Faq/toaster/tnr.html
https://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28195

I've dug through archive.org, and some of the NewTek forum posts have been captured, but many have been lost.

This drove several thoughts:
1) Is there a trove of Toaster/Flyer knowledge that I've not been able to find using Google?
2) How can we capture this data so that 30 or 40 years from now, there is some hope of keeping a Toaster/Flyer running long into the future?

If anyone has a saved copy of the procedures, can you post them here?

Cheers,
Bill "tekmage" Borsari
www.amiwest.net
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Amiga 1000 (PAL) CIA issues
« Last post by SpaceFlightOrange on May 10, 2024, 12:01:50 AM »
Hi. I recently got my old A1000 back from my friend. This machine was given to me nearly 20 years ago. I have honestly only turned it on once, when i was given it, and i vaguely recal there being an issue of some kind. it pretty much got used as a monitor stand for about 6 years before ending up in the loft until i gave it away about 3 years ago. My friend did nothing with it either and returned it.

It's time to get the old girl working so i pulled it apart and tested the PSU first. Under 1amp load on the 5v rail, all voltages look good and stable and i got a good stable tick. connecting the board brings up the the Kickstart logo, albeit in magenta. something had gone out of spec, but is back now, and it's starting up in the correct colours and the drive is ticking fine. However, when it loads kickstart and resets, it sticks on a white screen. swapping the CIAs, didnt work, it wouldnt startup at all.

I fitted a PiStorm with a plain install, just mapping KS1.3, and again, with the CIA's in the original position, i just get a white screen. Swapping the CIA's iget further, to the 1.3 boot screen, however the floppy doesnt work.

I got it to boot Caffeine but it reports the drive as bad and the mouse doesnt work (well, at least the right button does. I dont have a keyboard to test.

I figure i have at least one faulty CIA. can I replace these with A500 CIA's or are there limitations on the versions it will take?

Does it really? I own both 3.1.4 and 3.2, but will they be ok repairing a FFS of 3.9?
Did unpack in Amiga , no change
I’m pretty sure I have the correct compatible files but it looks hopeless for this little endeavor.
Before I got jump the gun and make a bad situation worse.

I thought it best to ask what is currently the best tool to repair a 3.9 1gb partition formatted in FFS that is reporting a checksum error.

I was installing toolsdaemon and it crashed the system, on reboot it reported the checksum. I've read that ami-tools might be an option. I used to use Quarterback, would that still work?

Thomas Rapp is your guy with this. On Amiga OS 3.1.4 and 3.2 comes a Disk Doctor utility.

Thomas has some repair tools you can download for free, which should help.

Ideally before you start. Backup the data in the partition first!

https://thomas-rapp.hier-im-netz.de/download.html

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10