Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My review of Pegasos+MorphOS  (Read 23755 times)

Description:

Offline JoannaK

• Show all replies
Re: My review of Pegasos+MorphOS
« on: February 12, 2003, 10:33:12 AM »
@KennyR
Well.. it's still at works, and IMHO not fully suitable to be given to 'non adwanced users'.  But OS comes in price of system and updates are free, so it's a good start. :-P

One thing you and others here might not know is that  latest MOS version is from  sunday (9th Feb 2003).  And based  what I have heard from Non-developer MOS users, it's a lot better on that usability/stability compared to that older Pre-Xmas release.

There are actually many 3D drivers in package, but all are for those older cards (like woodoos), Radeon 3D drivers are not yet there.  Otoh, Q2 works faster on Pegasos using software render than on old wos-PPC Amigas with HW support.   :-D

I have heard same about networking... A bit sad but considering how long MIami has been abandonware it's a bit difficult to make them work together 100%.

IMHO Amiga Workbench was never any 'high usability tool'... Well, ofcourse if one add tens of hack to it it'll become much more usable, but compared to Plain WB I don't think Ambien has much to lose. And One thing Ambient definitely has better, it looks can be configured widely in system-friendly way.  

Offline JoannaK

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 11:29:32 AM »
KennyR wrote:
One thing you and others here might not know is that latest MOS version is from sunday (9th Feb 2003)

I did know. I have spies everywhere. I even know about non-official releases. :-D

Ah.. Well, I'm quite sure many here did not know.

There's no doubting the Pegasos's power, that's for sure. But I'm sure everyone's dying to see what Q2 and H2 look like on a Radeon. :-)

Agree.. would be really nice to see those brand new gfx hardwares in real action.  Ambient is looking good and feels snappy, but real power of these graphics cards is on 3D side.

Ambient...yes, reinventing the wheel. If Genesi have all the money to spend they say they have, why not cut a deal with GPSoft for the Dopus5.8 source? Its WB-emulation mode would cut years off of Ambient's development.

Well..  What I seem to remember that Dopus was supposed to be part of OS4 system. Dunno what finally happened to that deal. But, not my headache, I don't work there  :-P

Offline JoannaK

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2003, 10:29:00 AM »
That 25 seconds  sounds quite a long time for what I have seen Pegasos (at Alt-party). But it may well be dependent of some hardware you are having on your machine. I'll comment more when I have mine. :)

Offline JoannaK

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2003, 10:56:56 AM »
@warface

Great. Thankyou for making this translation. :-)  :-)