Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.com Store Question  (Read 4715 times)

Description:

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
Re: Amiga.com Store Question
« on: August 22, 2011, 08:34:49 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;655753
The lack of logic by people on this board really amazes me.  How does owning the old Amiga trademark name make them a crock or somehow evil and untrustworthy?  With logic like that, you must think the person who owns the amiga.org domain is shady too, but you're happy enough to use their web site.
These companies are crocks because they're using the "Amiga" name to hawk things that have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do in any way with the Amiga. Amiga.org I'm okay with because it's actually about the Amiga.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 12:28:47 AM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;655780
So what else is new?  People have been using trade names in this manner since the dawn of time.  It's the same in the auto industry.
Doesn't mean we're obligated to like it.
But you don't see me constantly whining and trolling about it on automobile forums.  I have a life.
Not enough of a life to keep you from coming here, reading people bitching about Amiga, Inc., and bitching about people bitching about Amiga, Inc., apparently.
We're tired of the same old broken record damn it!  IF you don't like them or their product, don't buy from them.  But please stop making everyone else miserable because you have issues with trademark names.
Nobody's obligating you to read this, or any of anybody's other posts. The "Ignore" button exists for a reason.
The man had a question about a product.  He doesn't need clowns like you hijacking the thread and turning it into a rant about the Amiga trademark.  He was asking for help and he gets a troll.  Thanks. Thanks a lot.  Very productive use of time
Name issues aside, anybody wanting to know about a company associated with Bill McEwen deserves to be notified of the various **** that has gone down in his little constellation of licensees.
The Amiga name isn't sacred, so yes, do us a favor and please grow up and act like an adult, even if you're NOT an adult.  If you're looking for sacred names, go find a religion.
Maybe it's not sacred, but I'd sure like to see it used to refer to things that actually have to do with the Amiga, myself.
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 03:47:00 AM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;655794
Weak minded people like you never cease to amaze me.  Whenever you're too weak minded to offer up an argument, you stoop to name calling.
I offer this quote without comment, as its stunning irony is entirely impossible to miss. Unless, apparently, you're ferrellsl.
But you insist on taking over every thread and turning it into an anti-Amiga rant.
Wait, I'm confused. How does a rant about people abusing the "Amiga" trademark to refer to things that have nothing to do with the actual Amiga qualify as an "anti-Amiga rant?" Seems if anything it'd be pro-Amiga.
You've obviously alienated any real people in your life by your antics so now you have to stoop to using the web to get your jollies since no one in their right mind can stand to be around you in person.....sad....really sad....
"Don't wait, call now! Dr. ferrellsl, Armchair Psychologist, is offering professional-quality counseling at bargain-basement prices! If you call within the next 15 minutes, you'll even get this free home psychoanalysis kit!"

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 04:15:27 AM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;655803
Actually I'm a real psychologist and I think you're a manifestation of one of Franko's many faces.....multiple personality disorder with extreme hostility.  You an Franko are one in the same.......Franko can get "attention x 2" if he has a secondary personality and another logon account.  Oh, and my rates aren't cheap, even if I accept your health insurance.  The co-pay is $200 per hour.
Hahaha, oh man. I think this is the first time I've been accused of being a sock-puppet...if you like I'll give you my phone number, which is in the US country code (protip: Scotland is not in the US, last I checked,) and you can call me and confirm that I sound nothing at all like Franko.

(Besides which, he and I don't agree on everything; I like 3D games all right and he hates 'em vociferously, for one.)

(And I'd think a "real psychologist" would have a bit more tact than to call people "weak-minded" for thinking that companies shouldn't use the Amiga trademark to hawk wares completely unrelated to the Amiga. But hey, I guess not!)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:17:51 AM by commodorejohn »

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 04:14:38 AM »
Quote from: swoslover;662154
I think to compare CUSA with Amiga.com is unfair.

CUSA have actually produced something in their homage to the C64 and it is a damn site better than a tablet with a sticker on it.
How do you figure that? $1000-1500 for a poorly-ventilated run-of-the-mill $300-500 i7 setup in a fancy case? (And that's not even touching on their laughable plans for the "Amiga" trademark.) If anything I'd say they're worse.