Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: does anyone own an electric car?  (Read 10654 times)

Description:

Offline chris

Re: does anyone own an electric car?
« on: September 17, 2021, 10:21:03 PM »
I have a 2020 Kia Niro EV.  It's great.  It's like a baby Tesla.  With the 120v charger it does a full charge in about 24 hours.  I installed a 240v outlet outside my house and bought a generic 240v charger and now a full charge takes 10 hours.  I get ~250 miles on a full charge.

That said, I'd never drive across the country in it because I can't be bothered to wait 30 minutes for a 80% DC fast-charge.  I'd rent a gas-powered charge and fill up in minutes and continue my trip.

Really?  You won't take a 30 minute break after driving for three hours (which you will have been after 200 miles).  You don't want to eat?  Or use the toilet?  Or just stretch your legs?  That 30 minutes is so precious to you that you'd rather rent something to kill the planet - and probably yourself or somebody else due to tiredness - than take an electric car that is perfectly up the the job, and you already own?

Utterly unbelievable.
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion
Avatar picture is Tabitha by Eric W Schwartz

Offline chris

Re: does anyone own an electric car?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 11:30:44 AM »
Just because everybody else is doing it doesn't make it OK.  If you try and tidy up your own little corner of the planet then that makes it a little better for everyone.  But presumably you (and the two people who "liked" your post) are a Trump-supporting climate change denier, so you wouldn't understand.
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion
Avatar picture is Tabitha by Eric W Schwartz