Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Has anyone done a recent comparison of features of MorphOS 3 and AmigaOS 4?  (Read 3106 times)

Description:

Offline NinjaCyborgTopic starter

Hi just wondering if anyone has seen or made a recent comparison of side by side features between MorphOS latest version and Amiga OS 4.1FE ? I see some older comparison between morphos 2 and amiga os 4.0 or original 4.1. Wondered if there was an up to date one?

I know MorphOS has the Reggae subsystem (nice idea but nothing much uses it), uses Cybergraphics for 24 bit, has MUI but not Reaction, has more USB drivers included in the box.

What are other major differences from a pure feature/technology point of view? (not trying to start a 'which is best' argument).

(if you can't say something constructive, don't say anything at all please)

Thank you that's really useful. I noticed also there's a TRASH: mount point but I couldn't see how this was implemented, for example is it a single global trashcan on one particular disk, or is it something smarter that keeps files in their host-disk's local trashcan and abstracts it?

Also Ice filesystem, are people using that in preference to PFS?

When you say there's network filesystem support can you elaborate?

Thanks so much.

They can do that, but it's rarely implemented, especially the native save rather than IFF save.