Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jammy french bar stewards......................  (Read 3187 times)

Description:

Offline Vincent

• Show only replies by Vincent
Re: Jammy french bar stewards......................
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2004, 10:59:10 PM »

MAD wrote:
So basically a guy throws the ball, another hits it, THEN???
You run to the other wicket.  This counts as one.  The team with the biggest score wins :-)

Like baseball but without the diamond :-D
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel

Offline KennyR

• Show only replies by KennyR
    • http://wrongpla.net
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2004, 10:59:37 PM »
Cyberus wrote:
"People"? You mean Scots. Its the Scots who like it when England lose. And everyone knows that this is pure jealousy as Scotland has a poor football team. ;)

More like you English never shutting up about it when you win, gloating constantly. When will English commentators ever shut up about beating Germany 5-1, far less 1966? I mean, they NEVER shut up about it! EVER!

Watching you get beaten is immensely satisfying, because we know we'll be freed from yet another round of irritating boasting and gloating and rampant self-love. When it comes to football, everybody hates the English. They are bad losers, but they're even worse winners. :-P

Offline mikeymike

• Show only replies by mikeymike
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2004, 11:29:07 PM »

KennyR wrote:
Cyberus wrote:
"People"? You mean Scots. Its the Scots who like it when England lose. And everyone knows that this is pure jealousy as Scotland has a poor football team. ;)

More like you English never shutting up about it when you win, gloating constantly. When will English commentators ever shut up about beating Germany 5-1, far less 1966? I mean, they NEVER shut up about it! EVER!

Watching you get beaten is immensely satisfying, because we know we'll be freed from yet another round of irritating boasting and gloating and rampant self-love. When it comes to football, everybody hates the English. They are bad losers, but they're even worse winners. :-P

I think this counts as racist KennyR, are we even now? :-)

PS - I think there may be someone in the world who cares less about football than I do.

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show only replies by Speelgoedmannetje
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2004, 11:30:30 PM »

KennyR wrote:
:roflmao:
it's not better over here in NL

I sincerely hope one "insignificant" country will win this EK. Luxembourg or for instance..
And the canary said: \'chirp\'

Offline KennyR

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2004, 11:34:53 PM »
It's not racist to enjoy watching blowhards getting deflated :-P

Offline mikeymike

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2004, 12:27:02 AM »

KennyR wrote:
It's not racist to enjoy watching blowhards getting deflated :-P

"You English... ", I'm referring to.

I might have been a more interested football supporter if the stereotype wasn't so unbelievably childish (and worse things, hooliganism).  The day I decided I would end my even slight interest in football was when I was in secondary school.  I was told that I couldn't possibly support because I didn't have their latest kit and had never been to any of their matches.  The attitude was something I would have expected from kids ten years younger than the people in question, talking about Transformers or something.

I think the sad fact is that some 'men' need some way to vent their aggression in some neanderthal sort of way.  Perhaps these 'men' should work off their gut instead and GET OUT MORE?  Experience what the world has to offer, rather than their television?

Offline KennyR

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2004, 01:26:46 AM »
Well, to be honest Mike, I don't care who wins the championship. It would be nice if it was the best team, but it has little impact on my life. However, the English (or should I really say, English media) would make things intolerable if England were to win. They just go on and on and on. Three hundred centuries from now the greatest moments in human history as described by the English media will be world peace, and end to hunger... and Geoff Hurst lifting the world cup in 1966. Except the first two wouldn't be shown on TV every day. :-P

But to be fair, there's no doubt the Italians or French or Germans or anyone else would do the same - it's just that I wouldn't have to listen to them harp on about it for the rest of eternity. :)

Offline Vincent

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2004, 01:58:33 PM »

KennyR wrote:
(or should I really say, English media) would make things intolerable if England were to win.

That English media that everyone still calls Britain's NATIONAL news.  Hmmm, no wonder the yanks sometimes think Scotland is IN England :-x
Three hundred centuries from now the greatest moments in human history as described by the English media will be world peace, and end to hunger... and Geoff Hurst lifting the world cup in 1966. Except the first two wouldn't be shown on TV every day. :-P

:lol:
Xbox360

Offline MAD

• Show only replies by MAD
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2004, 02:54:24 PM »
Hoya!

@KennyR

I could not agree more with you on this one mate!

Mind you, it is exactly the same in France...

Many people could not name who discovered the rabies virus but could name every French footie player...

Be funky

M A D
:afro: AMIGA :afro:
- The Computer With A Soul-

Offline mikeymike

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2004, 03:28:16 PM »
Many people could not name who discovered the rabies virus but could name every French footie player...

Is it bad that I can't answer either question? :-)

Who did discover the rabies virus anyway?

Offline MAD

• Show only replies by MAD
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2004, 07:34:54 PM »
Hoya!

Pasteur!  :-o

Be funky

M A D
:afro: AMIGA :afro:
- The Computer With A Soul-

Offline KennyR

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2004, 07:49:31 PM »
First sentence said by the English commentator after the German national anthem today:

"Oliver Khan looks pretty serious. Last time he looked like that in the German squad, England beat them 5-1 in Munich!"

WTF! That one wasn't even SUBTLE! How does that have ANYTHING to do with the match in hand! England aren't playing, and aren't even in this group! My equally subtle message to English commentators would be:

SHUT UP! WE DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR STUPID ******* 5-1 WIN *YEARS* AGO OR ANYTHING ABOUT 1966! NOBODY CARES ANY MORE! :-x

Oh, I really can't wait until England get out of this championship, I really can't... Humility is such a satisfying thing to force on boastful people. :pissed:

- edited by mikeymike - language -

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show only replies by that_punk_guy
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2004, 07:52:45 PM »
I'm moving to Scotland.

Offline Vincent

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2004, 12:26:42 PM »

that_punk_guy wrote:
I'm moving to Scotland.

Come up to Dundee :-D
Xbox360

Offline mikeymike

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2004, 02:16:02 PM »
"To hear such folk classics as 'can you lend me a fiver until Saturday'..."

:-)

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #29 from previous page: June 16, 2004, 03:56:59 PM »

KennyR wrote:
First sentence said by the English commentator after the German national anthem today:

"Oliver Khan looks pretty serious. Last time he looked like that in the German squad, England beat them 5-1 in Munich!"

WTF! That one wasn't even SUBTLE! How does that have ANYTHING to do with the match in hand! England aren't playing, and aren't even in this group! My equally subtle message to English commentators would be:

SHUT UP! WE DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR STUPID ******* 5-1 WIN *YEARS* AGO OR ANYTHING ABOUT 1966! NOBODY CARES ANY MORE! :-x

Oh, I really can't wait until England get out of this championship, I really can't... Humility is such a satisfying thing to force on boastful people. :pissed:

You are such a *****! Even though I agree with you and I also hate football with a passion that knows no bounds, this is the one time that poeple who do care get a chance to celebrate...

If it was a Scotland win (like that will ever happen) you would be creaming off about too... and I would be defending you :-P

- edited by mikeymike - language -