Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jammy french bar stewards......................  (Read 3238 times)

Description:

Offline mikeymike

• Show all replies
Re: Jammy french bar stewards......................
« on: June 13, 2004, 10:48:41 PM »
Diabolical wasn't it.

Though for the sake of superstition I'd just like to say that I sat down to watch the game minutes before Beckham missed the penalty, and it kind of tailed off from there :-)

Offline mikeymike

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 11:29:07 PM »

KennyR wrote:
Cyberus wrote:
"People"? You mean Scots. Its the Scots who like it when England lose. And everyone knows that this is pure jealousy as Scotland has a poor football team. ;)

More like you English never shutting up about it when you win, gloating constantly. When will English commentators ever shut up about beating Germany 5-1, far less 1966? I mean, they NEVER shut up about it! EVER!

Watching you get beaten is immensely satisfying, because we know we'll be freed from yet another round of irritating boasting and gloating and rampant self-love. When it comes to football, everybody hates the English. They are bad losers, but they're even worse winners. :-P

I think this counts as racist KennyR, are we even now? :-)

PS - I think there may be someone in the world who cares less about football than I do.

Offline mikeymike

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 12:27:02 AM »

KennyR wrote:
It's not racist to enjoy watching blowhards getting deflated :-P

"You English... ", I'm referring to.

I might have been a more interested football supporter if the stereotype wasn't so unbelievably childish (and worse things, hooliganism).  The day I decided I would end my even slight interest in football was when I was in secondary school.  I was told that I couldn't possibly support because I didn't have their latest kit and had never been to any of their matches.  The attitude was something I would have expected from kids ten years younger than the people in question, talking about Transformers or something.

I think the sad fact is that some 'men' need some way to vent their aggression in some neanderthal sort of way.  Perhaps these 'men' should work off their gut instead and GET OUT MORE?  Experience what the world has to offer, rather than their television?

Offline mikeymike

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 03:28:16 PM »
Many people could not name who discovered the rabies virus but could name every French footie player...

Is it bad that I can't answer either question? :-)

Who did discover the rabies virus anyway?

Offline mikeymike

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 02:16:02 PM »
"To hear such folk classics as 'can you lend me a fiver until Saturday'..."

:-)