Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CD/DVD burning and data integrity  (Read 773 times)

Description:

Offline mikeymikeTopic starter

• Show only replies by mikeymike
CD/DVD burning and data integrity
« on: December 16, 2005, 03:16:41 PM »
I use rewritable CDs/DVDs quite often for my business (on-site computer fixing), and I have to update the contents of the discs from time to time with the latest installers/utilities.

I use Nero 6 Express for the burning.  My confidence in it has been shaken a bit since I found that its 'data verification' feature doesn't work as well as it should (the Scandisc feature in Nero's "Nero CD - DVD speed" utility pointed out files that were damaged, and I verified its findings manually - the source files on my disk are fine).  I'm now re-ripping the CD-RW at a lower speed after doing a full erase of the disc.

Does anyone here have similar experiences and any suggestions for getting round these problems?

I'm using an IDE LiteON DVD-reader/CD-writer combo drive (on its own IDE channel), and a USB LiteON DVD writer.  I changed from TDK CD-RWs to Verbatim CD-RWs because the latter are more reliable.  No scratches on the discs I use.

- edit - I just re-burnt the disc at a lower write speed, success, but I'm still interested in peoples' experiences -

Offline adonay

• Show only replies by adonay
    • http://www.freewebs.com/adonay-/index.htm
Re: CD/DVD burning and data integrity
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 03:30:46 PM »
yes i had those problems a lot some years ago but i changed to a plextor SCSI drive had no problems after that.
Years pased and i moved back to IDE havent had anny problems with my burnings or verifycations after this i use Nero 6 ultra and burn upp to 30 cds\dvds a month i usualy only get one that are bad but that is when i buy the cheapest discs. Often the RW discs are the best as i have never had problems with the RWs..

adonay :-D
A1200 ACA 1230