Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hoax or true? Petro could get a batch of 1500x A1200  (Read 21555 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: Hoax or true? Petro could get a batch of 1500x A1200
« on: June 04, 2012, 09:48:41 AM »
Quote from: stefcep2;695185
Interesting find. Seem to recall rumours of hardware going missing under Petro's watch. 14 years later Petro has 1500@ 150 euro = 225,000 euro's worth of Amiga hardware to sell out of the blue.  Possibly the most sales of any single Amiga re-seller or developer in the past decade.
Quote from: swoslover;695189
Is this legit? Is it morally ok to hide some Amigas when a company is dying then later sell them.

I think it's interesting when people tries to argue from a moral high ground point based on loose accusations, very similar to propaganda, coming from those very people responsible for assigning the Amiga brand the to lies, scams, deceit and general foul play (yes, that's the "Amiga brand values" today, thanks to Amiga Inc, Hyperion and Eyetech, and their likes).

And no, Petro obviously didn't keep "a hidden stash of Amigas", he sold them to some Indian entity towards the end of "Amiga Technologies", and now it seems like a great deal of them never came to use and remain unsold by that Indian entity, and now Petro has contacted that old customer and put an offer on those machines that clearly *never* will be sold by that Indian company in 2012 (meaning: from that Indian entity's point of view, that worthless pile of junk occupying floor space in some warehouse suddenly got a small value).

Quote from: darkage;695192
hmm who ever originally purchased the stock must be making a big loss... back in the day new a1200 surely would have costed more than 150 Euro to purchase wholesale?   unless Saint Petro did the biggest accounting mistake on purpose.. freeebie!!

Today, these Amigas has *zero* value to anyone else but you people reading this thread (Amiga classic enthusiasts). They are utterly *unsalable* to anyone else but you, but to you they have some value! It seems to me that Petro is simply acting as a middle-man, a reseller, using both his connections to the Amiga community as well as his connection to that old Indian customer, and he is probably doing a nice little profit by connecting the dots in between. As long as you (the customers), the Indian entity (the seller) and Petro himself (the middle-man) are happy about this arrangement, then *everyone* will be winners in this arrangement!

:)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 09:55:22 AM »
Quote from: Lord Aga;695028
150E is a bargain. Good condition A1200s go for more on ebay. And these are NOS.
Still.. I would like them to go on sale through AmigaKit

If AmigaKit would be interested, I guess there is nothing stopping him from putting up an offer to Petro for a couple of hundred units. I'm sure price is negotiable at volume.

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 09:58:40 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;695195
Even if these were real i'm not sure they are an investment. Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy an FPGA Arcade from MikeyJ? Also faster!

But then AmigaForever from Cloanto would be *even cheaper* and *even faster*!

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 11:08:45 AM »
Quote from: swoslover;695205
isn't that the very reason we should ask things?

haven't we been ****ed over enough times?

By Petro? Really?

Wasn't his reign *before* all the Amiga Inc / Eyetech / Hyperion crap begun?

*Petro made* these Amigas, it's his doing that they exists in the first place! In my book, this is defines him.

:)

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 04:37:36 PM »
Quote from: spirantho;695228
A1200s are far from unsaleable - there's a lot of people wanting them still and happy to pay good money.

Pretty much exactly what I said above, right? ;)

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 04:39:45 PM »
Quote from: danwood;695237
Bill McEwen was certainly claiming

Which was exactly my point... ;)