Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hoax or true? Petro could get a batch of 1500x A1200  (Read 21596 times)

Description:

Offline swoslover

• Show only replies by swoslover
    • http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Relictronic-Boutique
Re: Hoax or true? Petro could get a batch of 1500x A1200
« Reply #59 from previous page: June 04, 2012, 06:02:18 AM »
Is this legit?

Is it morally ok to hide some Amigas when a company is dying then later sell them.

Either way I want one haha
A1200
CD32
A4000

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2012, 06:24:55 AM »
Quote from: swoslover;695189
Is this legit?

Is it morally ok to hide some Amigas when a company is dying then later sell them.

Either way I want one haha

At this point the damage is already done, if any was done at all.  I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, and doing so leads me to several conclusions, one being that if the company was heading down-hill at the time the 1200s in question may have had a sealed fate.  The reality is that few people know exactly what really happen, and I will likely never be one of them.

Offline darkage

• Show only replies by darkage
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2012, 06:48:05 AM »
Quote from: stefcep2;695185
Interesting find. Seem to recall rumours of hardware going missing under Petro's watch. 14 years later Petro has 1500@ 150 euro = 225,000 euro's worth of Amiga hardware to sell out of the blue.  Possibly the most sales of any single Amiga re-seller or developer in the past decade.

hmm who ever originally purchased the stock must be making a big loss... back in the day new a1200 surely would have costed more than 150 Euro to purchase wholesale?   unless Saint Petro did the biggest accounting mistake on purpose.. freeebie!!

Hope its true and not the Vodka talking... :O

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2012, 07:44:53 AM »
Even if these were real i'm not sure they are an investment. Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy an FPGA Arcade from MikeyJ? Also faster!

Personally i think we should all ignore these new 1200's and support the FPGA instead. When the Amiga community finally releases new hardware we turn our backs on it?
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline AndreasM

« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2012, 08:40:47 AM »
Quote from: danwood;695001
I'm friends with Petro on Facebook, just looked at his wall now and cannot see any mention of anything like this.

Also the first link just takes me to a German log-in page.

I'd have to see some more proof before believing this to be true.  I find it unlikely they'd have been sitting around for almost 20 years?

That said I wouldn't mind getting hold of an A1500 if it does turn out to be true.  

Cut & paste the original post for us non-a1.org members anyone?

Petro dont write this on his own FB-Page. He write it on my FB-Page. And yes, its true
Andreas Magerl
APC&TCP - Home of Amiga Future
Publisher for Amiga Software, Merchandising and many more.

http://www.apc-tcp.de
https://www.amigafuture.de
https://www.amigashop.org

Offline psxphill

« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2012, 09:25:31 AM »

If he'd stolen them and hidden them in his garage then yeah, however I suspect there is a more complex story behind them.

You'd be suprised what is sitting forgotten in warehouses around the world.

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2012, 09:48:41 AM »
Quote from: stefcep2;695185
Interesting find. Seem to recall rumours of hardware going missing under Petro's watch. 14 years later Petro has 1500@ 150 euro = 225,000 euro's worth of Amiga hardware to sell out of the blue.  Possibly the most sales of any single Amiga re-seller or developer in the past decade.
Is this legit? Is it morally ok to hide some Amigas when a company is dying then later sell them.

I think it's interesting when people tries to argue from a moral high ground point based on loose accusations, very similar to propaganda, coming from those very people responsible for assigning the Amiga brand the to lies, scams, deceit and general foul play (yes, that's the "Amiga brand values" today, thanks to Amiga Inc, Hyperion and Eyetech, and their likes).

And no, Petro obviously didn't keep "a hidden stash of Amigas", he sold them to some Indian entity towards the end of "Amiga Technologies", and now it seems like a great deal of them never came to use and remain unsold by that Indian entity, and now Petro has contacted that old customer and put an offer on those machines that clearly *never* will be sold by that Indian company in 2012 (meaning: from that Indian entity's point of view, that worthless pile of junk occupying floor space in some warehouse suddenly got a small value).

Quote from: darkage;695192
hmm who ever originally purchased the stock must be making a big loss... back in the day new a1200 surely would have costed more than 150 Euro to purchase wholesale?   unless Saint Petro did the biggest accounting mistake on purpose.. freeebie!!

Today, these Amigas has *zero* value to anyone else but you people reading this thread (Amiga classic enthusiasts). They are utterly *unsalable* to anyone else but you, but to you they have some value! It seems to me that Petro is simply acting as a middle-man, a reseller, using both his connections to the Amiga community as well as his connection to that old Indian customer, and he is probably doing a nice little profit by connecting the dots in between. As long as you (the customers), the Indian entity (the seller) and Petro himself (the middle-man) are happy about this arrangement, then *everyone* will be winners in this arrangement!

:)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2012, 09:55:22 AM »
Quote from: Lord Aga;695028
150E is a bargain. Good condition A1200s go for more on ebay. And these are NOS.
Still.. I would like them to go on sale through AmigaKit

If AmigaKit would be interested, I guess there is nothing stopping him from putting up an offer to Petro for a couple of hundred units. I'm sure price is negotiable at volume.

« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2012, 09:58:40 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;695195
Even if these were real i'm not sure they are an investment. Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy an FPGA Arcade from MikeyJ? Also faster!

But then AmigaForever from Cloanto would be *even cheaper* and *even faster*!

Offline swoslover

• Show only replies by swoslover
    • http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Relictronic-Boutique
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2012, 10:35:33 AM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;695201
Ithe to lies, scams, deceit and general foul play (yes, that's the "Amiga brand values" today, thanks to Amiga Inc, Hyperion and Eyetech, and their likes).

isn't that the very reason we should ask things?

haven't we been ****ed over enough times?
A1200
CD32
A4000

Offline Bamiga2002

• Show only replies by Bamiga2002
    • http://rutinskiband.net
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2012, 10:53:55 AM »
Wow! I'd like one of these myself :)
CD32
A500

« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2012, 11:08:45 AM »
Quote from: swoslover;695205
isn't that the very reason we should ask things?

haven't we been ****ed over enough times?

By Petro? Really?

Wasn't his reign *before* all the Amiga Inc / Eyetech / Hyperion crap begun?

*Petro made* these Amigas, it's his doing that they exists in the first place! In my book, this is defines him.

Offline rayt

• Show only replies by rayt
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2012, 11:09:13 AM »
Hm Amiga Technologies A1200s.. didn't they have some issues with the disk drives or something? Ok these days no one uses disks anymore.. anyway, I'm glad my C= A1200 is still working after ~20 years :)

Offline stefcep2

• Show only replies by stefcep2
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2012, 01:59:26 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;695201
I think it's interesting when people tries to argue from a moral high ground point based on loose accusations, very similar to propaganda, coming from those very people responsible for assigning the Amiga brand the to lies, scams, deceit and general foul play (yes, that's the "Amiga brand values" today, thanks to Amiga Inc, Hyperion and Eyetech, and their likes).

And no, Petro obviously didn't keep "a hidden stash of Amigas", he sold them to some Indian entity towards the end of "Amiga Technologies", and now it seems like a great deal of them never came to use and remain unsold by that Indian entity, and now Petro has contacted that old customer and put an offer on those machines that clearly *never* will be sold by that Indian company in 2012 (meaning: from that Indian entity's point of view, that worthless pile of junk occupying floor space in some warehouse suddenly got a small value).

Do you know all of this for a fact or is it just your opinion.

Today, these Amigas has *zero* value to anyone else but you people reading this thread (Amiga classic enthusiasts). They are utterly *unsalable* to anyone else but you, but to you they have some value! It seems to me that Petro is simply acting as a middle-man, a reseller, using both his connections to the Amiga community as well as his connection to that old Indian customer, and he is probably doing a nice little profit by connecting the dots in between. As long as you (the customers), the Indian entity (the seller) and Petro himself (the middle-man) are happy about this arrangement, then *everyone* will be winners in this arrangement!

Yes and we could connect the dots in a different way and end up with a totally different conclusion.

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2012, 02:14:29 PM »
Quote from: stefcep2;695222
Yes and we could connect the dots in a different way and end up with a totally different conclusion.

One of my conclusions is that Petro is a time-traveler.  How many immaterial speculative conclusions can we conjure up for this scenario?

@Kesa, I fail to see how wanting to buy a NOS A1200 is equivalent to turning our backs on FPGA.  Will the appearance of 1500 A1200s suddenly kill the FPGA market?  Film at 11...

Offline spirantho

« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2012, 02:30:07 PM »
A1200s are far from unsaleable - there's a lot of people wanting them still and happy to pay good money. I don't know about elsewhere but here in the UK you can pay £50 for a tatty A1200. A brand new bundled one would fetch £150 without breaking a sweat. I'm tempted to buy some myself for my shop, if Petro can do bulk purchases cheap enough.
--
Ian Gledhill
ian.gledhill@btinternit.com (except it should be internEt of course...!)
Check out my shop! http://www.mutant-caterpillar.co.uk/shop/ - for 8-bit (and soon 16-bit) goodness!