Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The main advantages of the Pegasos to the average user:  (Read 4248 times)

Description:

Offline magnetic

• Show all replies
Re: The main advantages of the Pegasos to the average user:
« on: August 16, 2003, 05:34:08 PM »
It is my opinion that the current MOS 1.4 needs the TCP/IP stack completely integrated with GUI and it is ready for "Joe Average". This is with a turn-key type solution of course, with everything installed like YAM and Ibrowse (Voyager is the fastest Browser but still buggy) It seems that most average computer users just need to get email, go online and surf, and play media. What is lacking and will be impossible to overcome is Streaming Video like Real Networks and M$ crap. With the port of mplayer to MOS it should give us DVD playback which is essential as well. There are lots of native apps coming down the pipeline as well. We also need the BurnIt Pro for MOS we keep hearing about with DVD burning support. Gaming is crucial as well, so we need native MOS games that are cool and unlike all the FPS crap on PCs! With all these elements in place the Peg/MOS is a great alternative system for people. Alot of consumers dont even care (or know) what OS they are running just that "it works"

Keep it up Genesi
The Revolution has Begun
magnetic
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline magnetic

• Show all replies
Re: The main advantages of the Pegasos to the average user:
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 07:12:13 AM »
Tumash
 I can tell you I run this Peg for days on end sometimes and it works flawlessly. Sure there are some things that are unstable but I can stay away from them. I can push this machine farther than any Mac or PC I have used.

magnetic
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs