Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.org Ownership Resolution  (Read 11972 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga.org Ownership Resolution
« on: July 20, 2011, 04:52:11 PM »
@ Pyro

I'm quite happy with the current owner but having yourself owning the site outright I would also be happy with... :)

To me the only real problem with the site is the very biased moderation by some that goes on, ie: the moving/ deleting of certain peoples posts infractions being issued to certain people for using certain language while certain others including the mods get away with using the very same language or worse... :(

There are plenty of examples of this to be found on the site and to me it's the one thing that badly needs sorted, other than that I believe the site runs along quite smoothly... :)

If I thought it was really something I wanted to be involved in I would offer the money myself to buy the site outright, but I don't really want to be involved in the running of a site, too serious that kind of malarky for me I'm afraid... :)

Hopefully either the current owner will keep the site going and doing the great job he has been (even if it appears he does it too quietly for some folks liking) or you yourself can raise the funds and continue the site if that's what you really want to do... :)

Either way it goes, I reckon no matter which one of you is in charge, Amiga.org will continue along just nicely under either the current ownership or yours and I wish you both all the best in doing so... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 04:55:15 PM »
Quote from: Tension;650824
Why not just get Malcolm ****in Glazer in and be done with it.

The ****in place doesnt even work.  This is the third time I've tried to post this message.

and that's the second time it's appeared... :lol:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:18:37 PM by J-Golden »

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 05:01:53 PM »
Almost half an hour since this announcement and it hasn't appeared on MooBunny yet !!!

They must be all asleep or still at school over there... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 05:10:49 PM »
Well according to those "What's my site worth" thingies... :)

Anything from $5,361 to $601,809.66 ... :D

Bit of a discrepancy there methinks, anyhoo take yer pick... :)

http://www.mywebsiteworth.com/site/www.amiga.org

http://www.urlappraisal.net/search.php?textSearch=www.amiga.org&searchSubmit=Appraise

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 05:26:15 PM »
Quote from: koaftder;650834
So for 10 grand we can know for sure who owns franko.org?

I already know who owns the site... ;)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 06:59:12 PM »
Don't get all these crazy rambling about wanting to know who owns the site... :confused:

I mean you correspond here with folk who for the most part you don't know their names, or most of the time even where in the world they are, so what's the big deal about wanting to know who owns the site... :)

I don't care or know who owns FaceBook, YouTube or any other site where I correspond with people so why the "gotta know" here... :confused:

Plus it's also public knowledge who owns this site, so what's all the fuss about... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 02:52:35 AM »
Quote from: save2600;650969
I would LMFAO if it was Doomy.  :lol:

Nah... if it was Doomy the site would have been up for sale on eBay, with the usual threat that if nobody buys it he's going to trash it... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 05:38:21 AM »
Quote from: Pyromania;650981
Damn, don't give the current owner any new ideas!

:eek: TOO LATE :eek:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 05:51:37 AM »
Quote from: AmigaHeretic;651011
I thought we already knew who bought the site?

* * *.  Is his name not allowed to be said here or something?

:lol: :roflmao: :lol:

Zat answer your question... :roflmao:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 04:00:39 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;651070
perhaps i'm just missing history. certainly wouldn't be the first time. :)

but as far as anyone has been able to tell me, *** exists only electronically. you're sort of the doyen of the amiga community: can you unequivocally state that *** exists as a real, flesh-and-blood person? that would certainly be good enough for me.

-- eliyahu

All I can say is, in my one year here I think I've had more contact with the owner here than most, (Bit like when I was at school, think I was the only kid that the Headmaster kept a spot in his schedule clear for me each week as it had become such a regular occurrence of me being sent there) anywhoo  I digress... :)

From my own contact with the owner, I can safely say I am firmly of the impression that he has nothing but the best of intentions for the Amiga Community and is both a fan and great supporter of us and the Amiga. While I understand why he may wish to try and remain anonymous (a lot of nutters about you know) and I respect that even though I may not agree with this Howard Huges approach.. :)

I can only say it's really not of any importance to actually know who owns this site and don't understand what all the fuss is about over it, there is always Bill you can contact if you've got something to ask but you can also contact Transition himself anyway via PM... :)

Thing is if you enjoy the site like you say then what's the need to know who or what owns it, just enjoy the place and accept thing for what they are if your happy with them (which you seem to be). I don't even watch the BBC but just because I have to buy a TV Licence each year to pay the BBC for something I haven't watched for over 15 years (yes we've still gotta buy a TV licence in this country or risk going to jail) doesn't mean I need to or want to know who the current Director General is (and yes that his title, bloody mad in this country so they are)... :)

Talk Amiga, talk rubbish, have a laugh, have a serious conversation even... but there's no point in worrying about who exactly owns the place, which you can do for free and the subscription fee (if you want to pay for one) is a hell of a lot cheaper than a poxy TV Licence I assure you (and at least you don't risk a £5000 fine or jail time for not subscribing)... :)

The site is free so enjoy something for free and be happy & for that privilege... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 06:13:08 AM »
Quote from: AmigaHeretic;651150
Speak for yourself.  I have a business lunch with the man at least once a week for the last 2 years since he bought Amiga.org.  Yeah, me and * * * are close friends.  Why just last week he loaned me his G6 to for a quick breakfast in France one morning.  Hell of a guy!

Pah... that's nuthin...  * * * * flies me out to the USA 3 times a day for breakfast, lunch and dinner and he didn't loan me but gave me his old CRAY II just so the squirrels could have something to play Bubble Bobble on when they're not on Ninja duty... :p

France... pah... * * * * sent me brain on a world cruise and it's been happily travelling the globe for the past year and sends me nice postcards from each destination it visits, just got one this morning from a nice wee place called Death Valley (seems the ships kinda stuck at there at the moment but the sun quite hot it says)... :)

& yes * * * * a hell of a guy... so stick that in yer pipe and smoke it... :)

PS: That's four * * * * 's not three... numptie... :)