Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PeeCee Gamers ha! What a funny bunch eh. lol!  (Read 4657 times)

Description:

Offline Vincent

• Show all replies
Re: PeeCee Gamers ha! What a funny bunch eh. lol!
« on: March 27, 2003, 02:06:23 PM »
PC gamers are a funny bunch - I used to be one.

My parents decided to get a PC to help with their home-run business.  That was in 1994.  (Before this we had an Amstrad PCW)

When they weren't using it, I would play games like Settlers, Doom, Cannon Fodder, Tomb Raider and a few others.  A while later I got Quake for my birthday.  Then we needed to upgrade to play it.  Thankfully it was only the ram we needed to upgrade.  Everything was great after that.  I could play Quake and There was a slight increase in the general speed of Windows (95).

I kept playing games on the PC and enjoying them.  Then I had to start a Training Scheme or get my unemployment money cut off.  I made a few friends there (one of which is now living with me :-D).  Some of them lived on a not-too-far-out-of-the-way-home place, so I decided I would stop by there before going home.  That was one of the greatest choices I made.

This was the first time I had seen an expanded A1200 (I had seen Amigas years before - I wanted an A500 when they came out, but I could never afford one).  I was amazed at what it could do.  A few weeks later, I decided I was going to get one.  The local Tandy shop had one (the last one to be sold in a shop in Dundee).  I promptly went to the bank, got my £200 and bought it.  I then spent money upgrading it (accel, ram, HD, CD-ROM and just a month or two ago a tower and SD/FF - we had a spare monitor)

Playing the games on an Amiga (Skidmarks, Hired Guns, Breathless, Alien Breed (all of them), Gloom, Cannon Fodder, Dune II, Syndicate, the list goes on...) is far better than on the PCs.  I remember playing Cannon Fodder on the PC and thinking it was great.  I then saw it on an Amiga and saw how smoothly it scrolled.  I was surprised at how graphically different these two games were.

I still play the occasional games on my PC, but I get so much more fun playing them on my Amiga.  And the specs of my Amiga haven't changed in 6 years.  Since getting my Amiga, my parents have upgraded twice just to run things more smoothly.

I'm glad I'm an ex-PC gamer :-D
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel

Offline Vincent

• Show all replies
Re: PeeCee Gamers ha! What a funny bunch eh. lol!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2003, 06:40:45 AM »

poweramiga2002 wrote:
@KingTutt
i wonder if its just a typical pc attitude?

Unfortunately, I've found this to be a typical ressponse from the pc people :-(

But who cares about them anyway :-P
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel