Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Os 3.1.4 Thread  (Read 247596 times)

Description:

Offline kamelito

Re: The Os 3.1.4 Thread
« on: September 26, 2018, 07:52:21 PM »
Is 3.1.4 being tested with emulators such as FS-UAE, or is it intended for real hardware only?

Both, but my confidence in emulators is limited, so real hardware has the final say. I found at least two serious bugs in eUAE (the last and latest emulator on Linux that works for me) while testing,  and I'm not using Windows for development either. Os 3.1.4 was completely build on vamos - thanks to Chris

WinUAE should be better under Wine until FS UAE merge the latest WinUAE codebase.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 07:54:32 PM by kamelito »

Offline kamelito

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 08:24:44 PM »
@thor,
You probably have seen Bryce Nesbitt interview, at one point he spoke about memory protection, was it ready? code was available? is this something that can be added to AmigaOS knowing that they knew how to do it back then?
Are you going to follow CBM roadmap at one point?

https://vimeo.com/272762254

Offline kamelito

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 11:53:11 AM »
@Thomas Richter

> We'd love to include reaction, but we cannot.

Now it seem that you can : "Hyperion Entertainment and the AmigaOS development team would like to thank the original developers for creating ReAction and providing the opportunity to roll out ReAction on all versions of AmigaOS."

---
 Hyperion Entertainment
Full acquisition of ReAction GUI toolkit

ReAction logoBrussels, May 14, 2019

Hyperion Entertainment CVBA is pleased to announce that it has acquired full ownership of ReAction.

ReAction is the official AmigaOS GUI system since it was incorporated into AmigaOS 3.5 in 1999. With the release of AmigaOS 4 and newer it has been improved, bug-fixed and a more consistent and uniform look was created as is apparent from the various applications that make use of it. Hyperion Entertainment and the AmigaOS development team would like to thank the original developers for creating ReAction and providing the opportunity to roll out ReAction on all versions of AmigaOS.

Stay tuned for more news regarding ReAction in the near future!

Offline kamelito

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 10:08:01 PM »
@Thomas Richter
Thanks  for answering. As for management décision I would suggest release early release often.
Ping me if you need QA.

Offline kamelito

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 03:57:56 PM »
@Thomas Richter
Do you plan to add MEMF_PRIVATE,  MEMF_SHARED  and MEMF_EXECUTABLE to a future update and the corresponding code to protect those regions if an MMU is present in the current system?
Do you know what Bryce Nesbitt wanted to add in Exec in that direction before CBM bankruptcy?

Offline kamelito

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 09:00:43 PM »
Any answer from Frank Mariak about CGX incompatibilities with Intuition V45?

Offline kamelito

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 03:53:07 PM »
Kudos, care to elaborate about "new intution support"?
Thanks

Offline kamelito

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 07:14:40 AM »
@Thomas Richter thanks for the details.
Not sure if this is a bug but I’ve seen this related to AmigaOS 3.1.4.
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=98038

Offline kamelito

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 07:26:45 AM »
@Thomas Richter
Is a new SDK planned?
Will we see one day updated RKM? those from CBM stopped at version 2 of the OS as you know.

Offline kamelito

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2019, 03:51:22 PM »
Is it possible to print to file line by line and when you’ve a page you send it to the printer?