Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mu-um! Make gadtools stop mocking me!  (Read 938 times)

Description:

Offline peroxidechickenTopic starter

• Show only replies by peroxidechicken
Mu-um! Make gadtools stop mocking me!
« on: April 06, 2004, 02:42:48 PM »
I got everything almost right the first time when using gadtools to add a menu to my window except when I called SetMenuStrip() it gave me this dirty, old wb2 looking menu.  Then I tried feeding a single tag item to LayoutMenu() - the GTMN_NewLook one and all it did was give me black text on a black background menus.  So do I have to manipulate window pens before calling LayoutMenu()?  And if that's how I get black text on white background menus, why does anyone bother with GTMN_NewLook?  

I've also realized my includes are pre 3.1 - what's the story, are they jealously guarded intellectual property or can I just download them from somewhere?  
H2O2

Offline peroxidechickenTopic starter

• Show only replies by peroxidechicken
Re: Mu-um! Make gadtools stop mocking me!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 01:25:45 PM »
Now, I'm not usually one for replying to my own posts but at least I'm not pretending to be someone else.  It's just that quite a few people seemed to be interested enough to see what the weird subject was all about and now that I've gotten the answer I was looking for from a friend, I thought I'd share.  

So here it is - WFLG_NEWLOOKMENUS  Simple!  But also a bit hard (for me) to spot in my include files.  Which may or may not be up to date...  for my target OS...  which isn't up to date anyway...  

Now I've got to write about three dozen routines that'll do what all my bloody menu items suggest they do.  
H2O2

Offline Thomas

Re: Mu-um! Make gadtools stop mocking me!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 02:47:27 PM »

You should read the AutoDocs either. It states that GTMN_NewLook is for windows with WFLG_NEWLOOKMENUS set only, so you would have known it at once.

Bye,
Thomas