Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rookie question about formatting of secondary SCSI HDD  (Read 256 times)

Description:

Offline WeiXing3DTopic starter

Rookie question about formatting of secondary SCSI HDD
« on: March 20, 2016, 04:50:53 PM »
As the title says, I want to add a second SCSI2SD device (just because I have a second unit laying around) ad use it as a second separate HDD.

It's to be mounted alongside my CD ROM unit, both in an external SCSI sidecar. I have tried to format a 32GB micro SD inserted in that second SCSI2SD adapter and HDTools can find the device but it says that the card is missing the RDB. I'm using a new card that I first clean using Diskpart in a PC. Same thing I did with my primary SCSI2SD, now my main HDD.

I have also received messages saying thta HDTools that not support the device, funny when you think that my system is running out of one.

SysInfo is showing the device:

So the question is how can I format this new microSd as a second external HDD so that it can be accessed as such?

All the tutorials and instructions that I've found are about how to format a card to receive Workbench. I do not need a System/Workbench partition, just 2 or 4 healthy partitions with RDB.

Help please.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 05:33:50 PM by WeiXing3D »
Amiga 1200 fully loaded by Aclii.
AmigaONE X5000 with OS4.1 FE
FPGA Arcade board in miniITX case with AmigaOS3.9 and WB 3.1.
MorphOS 3.9 in Mac Mini G4 1.5GHz, PowerBook & Power Mac G5
Acer Aspire One with AROS Icaros Desktop 2.1.1 &
MiST FPGA Minimig Amiga AGA Workbench 3.9 PFS3 configuration.