Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Alas, I come to complain about MorphOS  (Read 19348 times)

Description:

Offline krashan

• Hardware designer and programmer
    • Show all replies
    • Personal homepage
Re: Alas, I come to complain about MorphOS
« on: July 23, 2012, 07:56:36 AM »
@ XDelusion

I see you are getting a bit nervous. Of course it would be great if MorphOS had this and that feature. On the other hand I have some good news for you. It happens that except of being a DigiBooster 3 programmer, I'm also a member of MorphOS Team. Many potential users of DB3 told me of MIDI importance and I'm not deaf ;-). But then developing software in free time takes, well, the time... That is why I cannot promise you MIDI in DigiBooster 3.0. I have a choice of releasing program with some features missing, or release it, let's say a year later. What is better?

Said that I know that native camd.library is needed I also know that audio recording capabilities need a serious review. I've studied the API and source codes of camd.library and have some ideas how it should work and look like. I'm not a musican however, so any suggestions are welcome. Unfortunately I do not have much MIDI music gear, but I guess some basic one is enough for the start. I also have access to code and am able to fix issues with USB MIDI support.

As for recording, I have some variety of hardware, I can do testing on: built-in Efika AC97, built-in Pegasos 2 AC97, SoundBlaster Live!, built-in PowerBook codec. I have access to their drivers and are in contact with people, who wrote them. It is harder with USB audio recording, it has being said that it requires support of isochronous USB transfers in USB hardware driver(s) and it is beyond my knowledge and competence unfortunately, at least for now.

I do not want to make void promises, but my plans are serious. I guess, if we can switch from moaning to exchange of ideas, it will do only good :-).