Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barry Altman and Commodore USA  (Read 64666 times)

Description:

Offline jorkany

• Show all replies
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
Re: Barry Altman and Commodore USA
« on: September 02, 2010, 01:59:02 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;577251
So, now is your chance, folks. If there's anything you think I ought to ask, post it now.

Will CommodoreUSA be appearing at AmiWest?

Offline jorkany

• Show all replies
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
Re: Barry Altman and Commodore USA
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 02:39:44 AM »
Quote from: actung_bab;577434
chould you ask about where this leaves hyperion and all work they have put in
and just leaves bit of confusion about where and what a amiga pc is or chould be
to me of course right for people to make a buck and good on them but , not that my opion counts as l dont make hard ware or software and not affected in any way money wise
but to stop hyperion and others of making the choice to port to x 86 in there contact many years ago . whos knows gateway might wanted this as there pc maker , but to then
say hay guess what we making x86 machines with Aros just as hyperion are about to make good on there hard work over many many years just seems wrong.
And think amiga people arent silly they can see people that actualy follow through and
the old saying actions speak lounder than words springs to mind.
And chould you just say l was feeling postive about amiga as hobby with likes of amiga round table and even when they made the annoucment about this deal l was bit confused as l though hyperion had legal rights to os 3.1 and amiga brand
okay thats okay for me l guess . but this big but l read about legal fights and sueing l just turned of all toghter . just brings everone down l mean whats the postive in that
surley if your got a idea a product you want focus on that and use all your energy to that agghhhh

just my 10 cents worth
It's really beginning to look like all Hyperion really needed to do was work with AInc. to rebrand some PCs and optionally load AROS on them - instead they spend years struggling with OS4 and PPC hardware. Just a bad business decision on their part, nothing the consumer should be concerned about.