Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Legal threats from Harald Frank  (Read 12944 times)

Description:

Offline SystemTopic starter

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
Legal threats from Harald Frank
« on: February 21, 2003, 02:28:21 AM »
Normally I would never condone such actions as posting an e-mail into a public arena, but I feel that you, as the Amiga community should be aware of the level of stupidity and arrogance now involved in the Harald Frank versus Bernie Meyer war.

Now, while any development for the Amiga is a good thing, Harald Frank is threatening to sue Amiga.org (a free, non-profit service) if we even use the name of his product.

Posted in the Read More is the entire text from Harald Frank concerning the last news story in which Bernie Meyer is considering restarting development on the Umilator project.

It's actions such as these which will keep the Amiga from EVER surfacing as a viable platform again, and I sincerely hope that Amiga Inc will distance themselves from all parties involved for their own good.

------------ Text in its unedited form ------------

Hello,

please remove imediately any use of our product trademark on your website! If Mr. Meyer do such on his own sites and so put one of his feet into jail because of missuisung business trademarks, than its his decission and he has to stand in court for that.

But if you do such, or help in such illegal missuse, it is you who will get really fast some nice paper from my companys lawyer!

we will not tolerate any missuse of our business trademarks trough any kind of faked anoucements like now on your site!

If you are not able to keep your site clean from such abuse and illegal missuse, than as you suggested last time in your answer close down this service.

There will no more warning to you now, two times is enough!

Best regards,

VMC Harald Frank, Developer and Founder of Amithlon

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
Re: Legal threats from Harald Frank
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2003, 02:53:43 AM »
This is total madness, at first i thought it was a joke but after the mass stalking by Harald against a member on here it does not surprise me one bit,

Example of Haralds stalkings                                              Click here

Harald please change your SIG it should read "Bernie Meyer the TRUE Developer and Founder of Amithlon"

Best regards,

Offline downix

• Show only replies by downix
    • http://www.applemonthly.com
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 02:54:02 AM »
I say run away everybody here.  

Makes me glad I never bought the CD from H&P when it was legal to do so.  

Explains a lot, however.
Try blazedmongers new Free Universal Computer kit, available with the GUI toolkit Your Own Universe, the popular IT edition, Extremely Reliable System for embedded work, Enhanced Database development and Wide Area Development system for telecommuting.

Offline lurkist

• Show only replies by lurkist
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 02:55:06 AM »
I would normally refrain from using bad language, but what an Asshole.
A1200 Power Tower, Blizzard 1260 66 +32MB, OS3.9, 2.5\\" HD, IDEfix97 + DVD-RW + Zip, SD/FF + 15\\" CRT, Ioblix1200P + scanner, PCMCIA LAN + router

Offline AmiDelf

• Show only replies by AmiDelf
    • http://www.amitopiatv.com
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2003, 02:58:25 AM »
No comment.... It all says in my "no comment", because threats is just not helping out a better Amiga future at all.

No comment!...
I love and respect people which care! And not those with
a heart made of stone.

Offline Targhan

• Show only replies by Targhan
    • http://www.geocities.com/targhan_aga
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2003, 03:07:59 AM »
I concur with Wayne in this matter entirely.  I find that such threats against Amiga.org are childish and uncalled for.  

Up until this latest action, I have always strove to find a middle ground in the Bernie / Harold war.  Obviously, I cannot take this stand any longer, since Mr. Frank has seen fit to threaten one of the few bonds left that hold this community together.

I implore Mr. Frank to retract his statements and threats to Amiga.org.  Such threats are uncalled for and unprofessional, and will likely be counter-productive.
Regards,
Targhan

Offline Ivan

• Show only replies by Ivan
    • http://www.mnsi.net/~ivan/index.html
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2003, 03:15:10 AM »
There are no words in the english language strong enough to express the level of contempt i feel for Harold Frank at this moment.

1) His trademark was NOT mentioned in that post. An entirely different product was!

2) This site is not a business developing competing software.

3) This site is not a business selling competing software.

4) This site is not pirateing anyones software or otherwise contributing to piracy in any way.

5) This site offers news and information and a forum for people to help each other and can not be held responsible for OTHER peoples decisions.

6) This site is an open forum for the public to gather and discuss items of common interest and debate thier merits. Harold Frank's product is open for debate as any product is.

7) Piss off and go threaten someone else. I'm posting a link in my personal web pages on Umilator and i don't give a flying {bleep} if anyone {bleep}  {bleep} well likes it or not. I invite the ENTIRE WORLD to come and read it and add links to the site in thier own home pages as well so everybody is informed it exists. And i don't even want the damned thing!

I'm sick as hell of this crap and it's about time it stopped. H&P's problems are with Bernie and his product NOT US or Amiga.org. There is no reason in the world we can't speak or talk of 'the evil application of satan' when we choose. If Harold Frank dosen't like us talking about any software in the world that HIS problem and he needs to take it up with the authors AND NOT US!

Ivan

Offline teo

• Show only replies by teo
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2003, 03:19:05 AM »
hehe, i like the "best regards" closing text....

Good bye Mr Frank, i can see this will be the last straw for many people, so off you go, back to mommy, go on, seeya later.

I hereby dub the: "toss-master"

Offline KapitanKlystron

• Show only replies by KapitanKlystron
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2003, 03:19:07 AM »
WOW!

I would call him a slack-jawed, anencephalic dunderhead, but that insult might be trademarked.

Offline Glaucus

• Show only replies by Glaucus
    • http://members.shaw.ca/mveroukis/
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2003, 03:30:30 AM »
Some people are just ####ed in the head!!!

Anyway, I think it's obvious where I stand. Wayne, any plans, possible course of action?  Does this guy have a legal leg to stand on?  I never knew people were not allowed to discuss trademarked products.  That means MS could sue Amiga.org to stop us from talking about MS products?  That seems pretty silly to me.  Doesn't the freedom of speeh and expression protect us in this case? Please someone tell me I'm right!!!

Btw, what does Herald Frank do these days, other then demonstrating his unique ability at making new friends that is...  ;-)

- Mike
YOU ARE NOT IMMUNE

Offline spihunter

• Show only replies by spihunter
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2003, 03:41:05 AM »
This is totally out of hand. I wish Bernie could
take his code and start over with a new name
for the project.  I feel bad for him that he signed
contracts with these complete jerks :-x
Amithlon is the best thing I bought in years
for my computer. I hate that my money probably
went to the wrong people.

Offline Skyraker

• Show only replies by Skyraker
    • http://www.wolves.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2003, 03:42:04 AM »
Cor, what a wanker.......

I notice the news post is still up.... nice one Wayne!

I hear he's a paedophile anyway.... go on sue me ya bastard!

Best Regards
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have the body of an 18 year old ......... I keep it in the fridge.

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2003, 03:50:41 AM »
Ok i got the message.

Best regards,

Offline Ivan

• Show only replies by Ivan
    • http://www.mnsi.net/~ivan/index.html
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2003, 03:51:22 AM »
>Some people are just ####ed in the head!!!

Agreed. :)

>Anyway, I think it's obvious where I stand. Wayne, any plans, possible course of action? Does this guy have a legal leg to stand on?

No he dosen't. It's a move to intimidate because that's all he can do in this situation to keep some sort of grip on the market. Which by the way he has no rights to anymore since his contract with Bernie is now defucnt. H&P broke thier contract when Bernie invoked a clause to halt sales. H&P to this day continue to sell and thus have broken the contract. It is no longer a basis for any action and if anythiing Bernie has the right to sue H&P for continueing to pirate his work. And i hope to god he does. :)

The only reason HF did this was to end discussions about the competition by threatening Wayne. HF can probably take him to court and loose but only after making Wayne's life a miserable living hell in the process.

>I never knew people were not allowed to discuss trademarked products. That means MS could sue Amiga.org to stop us from talking about MS products? That seems pretty silly to me. Doesn't the freedom of speeh and expression protect us in this case? Please someone tell me I'm write!!!

Freedom of speach has nothing to do with it. He has to prove that Amiga.org is causeing his business damage by ALLOWING people to post on his own PRIVATE site. I don't think that is possible in any country under any legal system except communism and dictatorships. The only LAW here is Wayne as it's HIS personal site and subject to his own rules and not the wishes of anyone in the world including me, Harold or you. Get used to it. If H&P believe they are being misrepresented then i'm sure Wayne will ALLOW them to post a rebuttle but only at Wayne's discretion and nobody elses. :)

>Btw, what does Herald Frank do these days, other then demonstrating his unique ability at making new friends that is...

Who cares? :)

Ivan

Offline Skyraker

• Show only replies by Skyraker
    • http://www.wolves.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2003, 03:51:59 AM »
@Mrglitter

heheh I didn't think theyd let you post that
I have the body of an 18 year old ......... I keep it in the fridge.