Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help! Picasso96 installation  (Read 1046 times)

Description:

Offline TenaciousTopic starter

• Show only replies by Tenacious
Help! Picasso96 installation
« on: April 01, 2007, 05:25:34 AM »
I just picked up a GVP Spectrum 28/24 for an A2000 with GVP Combo accelerator.  I can't get Picasso96 to work.  There is no driver to "attach" to the board.

Oddly enough, I had this same problem years ago with a Picasso IV when it first came out.  I remeber the solution was simple but not obvious (to me).  I wish I had kept e-mails from that far back.

If there are any Picasso96 gurus left, please help.  I'm so close to getting this system up and running.

Offline TenaciousTopic starter

• Show only replies by Tenacious
Re: Help! Picasso96 installation
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 03:58:53 AM »
I imagined people would be all over this.

I did get a helpful and encouraging private e-mail concerning   this from an unexpected source.  Thank you, Doomy, for trying to help!

I may be causing the problem myself.  I left the Video Toaster board installed and it's software.  It never occured to me there might be a conflict until now.

Is there a known conflict between the Toaster and Spectrom?

Offline Jeff

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Jeff
Re: Help! Picasso96 installation
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 12:05:27 PM »
I have the same card installed in my A3000T and I don't remember having to do anything special to get it to work (it came from my 4000D). I seem to remember that it was detected by the P96 install routine.

Sorry I can't be more help but I haven't changed the software on that machine in years. Good Luck.

Jeff