Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Windows Vista: Microsoft's Terminator  (Read 2619 times)

Description:

Offline Dan

• Show only replies by Dan
Re: Windows Vista: Microsoft's Terminator
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 22, 2005, 06:49:26 PM »

Wayne wrote:
I hate to say this, but I actually like that trashcan case.

Wayne

It´s actually a robot running Windows on a mini-itx board.
http://www.mobilerobotics.org/robots/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=223&Itemid=2
Totally idiotic I know, who needs a robot that just stands around waiting....:lol:
Bad design too, with  those wheels it will just get stuck everywhere and it doesn´t have any arms totally useless. The Robosapien is a much cheaper toy and if you want a computercontrolled Robosapien just ducttape an old pda to it or use one of those universal ir-remote extenders.

Apple did it right the first time, bring back the Newton!

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2005, 06:53:00 PM »
they should design a case like that bizarre thing that weirdami has in his avatar
I like Amigas

Offline Hyperspeed

• Show only replies by Hyperspeed
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2005, 01:23:53 AM »
A robot running on Windows would probably be a bit like ED-209 from the Robocop films - huge, powerful but show it a flight of stairs and it would go arse-over-heels. Then shoot the person controlling it.

:-o

What is Weirdami anyway, a shoehorn with eyes? :-P

Offline InTheSand

• Show only replies by InTheSand
    • http://www.ali.geek.nz
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2005, 01:55:28 AM »

Dan wrote:
The Robosapien is a much cheaper toy and if you want a computercontrolled Robosapien just ducttape an old pda to it

LOL! I could just imagine a RoboSapien lurching around with an iPAQ taped to its back! The RoboSapien seems quite powerful, I assume it'd still be able to walk with the added weight of a PDA? Anyone done this?!

- Ali

Offline Hyperspeed

• Show only replies by Hyperspeed
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2005, 03:04:34 AM »
There's 3 Robosapien now: A humanoid, a dinosaur and an odd thing that jumps about like a flea.

I like the dinosaur, it has a cheesy grin. At £80 GBP (e140?) though they're still ripoffs of the Sony Aibo robo-dogs at £1,000 (e1.700?).

They're even selling robot vacuum cleaners in the Argos catalogue for £200 (e340) but they look rubbish compared to the Dyson DC15 `The Ball'.

Also, UK TV's Blue Peter show has come a long way from "sticky backed plastic" as the last time I turned on BBC1 they had the Honda Asimo robot in the studio. At about the size of a 5yr old it was taking voice commands from the presenter, refusing commands from the co-presenter, dancing, climbing up and down stairs, waving and talking (though at £5m GBP / e8,5m you'd expect it to!).

:-D

Thinking PDA/Robots though, wouldn't an Amiga laptop be kickin' if it was like the `Calculus' from Robocop 3!

;-)