Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: This annoys me  (Read 3414 times)

Description:

Offline buzz

• Show only replies by buzz
Re: This annoys me
« Reply #29 from previous page: November 12, 2013, 08:34:37 PM »
Quote from: foleyjo;752519
To those who say 'who cares' and 'make your own video' you are missing the point. This wasn't just a YouTube video it was a news story on the BBC news.
As a news story it should be accurate and well researched.  Instead it's some guy who clearly doesn't know what he is doing andit uses uuntruthsfor comedy value.

he completely knows what he is doing. He is well known in the c64/retro scene in the UK.

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
Re: This annoys me
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 09:21:18 PM »
Quote from: foleyjo;752539
What games and what game pack or did you just make that up.

The ocean loaders are between 3 to 3min 30 seconds long. Takes about 30 seconds for them to start and 30 seconds from them finishing for the game to start. So these give some indication of how long games take to load.

Also remember I'm saying average load times. There may be a small number of games with long load times but most companies used fast loaders.

Plus my initial complaint about the 10 minute load time in the video is that buggy boy doesn't even take 5 mins to load never mind 10

No I didn't make it up. And I spent the best part of an hour trying to test 5 tapes. 50mins divided by 5 tapes = You do the math....
I think I'm perceiving a bit of Paradise Past syndrome. My recollection is definitely different to yours.
But I rarely used tapes. Disks took long enough on the 64.