Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OS 4.1 hangs during installation on my new Sam ..help-SOLVED !!!  (Read 5634 times)

Description:

Offline save2600

• Show all replies
Re: OS 4.1 hangs during installation on my new Sam ..help
« on: September 09, 2009, 02:13:07 PM »
Quote from: jorkany;522529
Stability issues in overclocked systems aren't unusual. There's no realistic way to "factory test" an overclocked system.

Sounds to me like all they'd have to do to test these is to try partitioning a HD  ;-)  lol

Looks like Amigakit sells their systems with the OS installed, so did this work out of the
box when you first received it? If it has been running super hot for some time since
your purchase, you may have actually damaged the circuitry responsible for that SATA I/O
and/or the CPU itself.

And yeah.... not supplying a fan on any modern PPC CPU, especially an overclocked system,
goes against the grain of common sense. I'll have to keep all these things in mind when
it comes time to purchase my SAM setup.

OH - and the mobo battery shouldn't/wouldn't have anything to do with those symptoms.
Doubtful the battery is bad anyway. Those things can last for decades, especially when
the computer is used frequently.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 02:18:08 PM by save2600 »

Offline save2600

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 02:25:21 PM »
Are there any jumpers on that board for timing/multiplier values or ram configs?
Perhaps something's awry there. If not and there are jumpers for the mobo timing,
maybe try reducing the speed a little bit. I know F0LLET is saying it's not a timing
thing, but as Jorkany mentioned, overclocked systems can and WILL be unstable at
times. Anyone who's ever overclocked a computer system knows this. It's worth a
shot anyway and if that's the case, you're going to want to install a CPU fan for sure.

Offline save2600

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 03:12:41 PM »
@ klx300r: Please be so kind as to update this thread though and let us know what the problem
was  :-)

@ F0LLET: Just curious... so you're saying the board and CPU are not overclocked via the
traditional means(multiplier jumpers)?  I'm not saying this is the issue for sure, just wondering
if the 800mhz CPU "chip" is of a different mil spec that allows for easier/more successful &
cooler overclocking or what.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 03:25:37 PM by save2600 »