Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A1200 - Alternative to PCMCIA for internet  (Read 6208 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaBruno

Re: A1200 - Alternative to PCMCIA for internet
« on: April 23, 2024, 04:24:43 PM »
There is a WODEM called new serial to WLAN adapter recently released, but it is not as fast as you would like it to be.
I'd prefer the PCMCIA solution or maybe a ClockPort card, the a314cp as an exotic solution.
Since you have a tower case there might be an option to add a bus board to it.

Very Interesting! I hadn't noticed this before! I've recently connected an Aiptek Hyperpen 6000 which has a 9 pin connector using a 9 pin to 25 pin adapter. It requires a driver called FormAldiHyd, but it works!

As for this WLAN adapter, I can see how it would be possible to connect it using the same adapter I bought to connect the Aiptek graphics tablet. However, it would probably need some software or a specific driver for this cable to get it working. I may have all the Internet software, including one or more browsers, and the TCP/IP stack already set up on a CF card I bought from a well known, trustworthy seller on eBay.

Of course, this would just be an alternative to transfers of files downloaded from the Internet on another computer, then transferred to my Amiga A1200 using a CF card. It could be for Aminet downloads, transferring artwork via email, and a couple of other things. I always used to use Amigas to create things and sometimes used BBSs. With modern computers, they're used mainly for the Internet!

How could I connect to the Internet using this cable on my A1200?