Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Mystery Amiga Hardware Coming to the DiscreetFX iStore on June 30th, 2010!  (Read 22281 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Quote from: transition;566608
if your the first one to guess what this super secret hardware is before june 30th, you will get one for free.

Natami!

:)

EDIT:
It also coincides pretty well with the release time of the two EfikaMX products ("Smartbook" and "Smarttop"). "Why have just one when you can have two.". "Finally! It has been a long time coming". Maybe with UAE and OS3.x preinstalled and preconfigured, otherwise it doesn't really match. :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 07:25:07 AM by takemehomegrandma »
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Quote from: amigean;566796
AmigaTWO (i.e. the next-gen AmigaONE)

You might have been joking, but there is actually truth behind your statement. Amiga One was supposedly the first PPC NG Amiga from Amiga Inc (based on the Pegasos and "Escena"). It would be single core, hence the "one". It would be followed by a dual core variant at some time, and that would actually be called "Amiga Two". It's teh true!!1!

Really, it is!

:)

EDIT: And this is probably why Hyperion persists with the rather strange version numbering of their OS, i.e.:

OS4.1
OS4.1.1
OS4.1.2 ... etc, etc

What I'm getting at is that IIRC OS4.2 would supposed to have SMP. And maybe they are saving that particular version number for this occasion for "nostalgic" reasons? Not that it will ever have *true* SMP, at least not in a way that it would be recognized as such by "outsiders", at least not without breaking the last parts of "Amiga" it has in it. And I guess it will still be called "AmigaONE"... ;)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 10:22:20 PM by takemehomegrandma »
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)