Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pegasoses are arriving  (Read 7523 times)

Description:

Re: Pegasoses are arriving
« Reply #44 from previous page: April 08, 2003, 10:00:54 PM »
You could of just said no They will not support Aos4. but you had to add to it.

It wasnt a flame...I genuinely mean that... OS4 will run on AmigaOne for reasons of piracy/etc(so they say)... they chose to do that... no flame there ;P
I might have mentioned the old PPC Accelerators it WILL support... but it still wont run on Pegasos..

had I just said 'no' it would be  basically saying its Genesi's fault OS4 isnt on their machines... and I dont think thats the case....

as for your trying to say MOS is the same thing as AOS4 thats entirely untrue..

the objective of MOS is to run on STB's in the first place...so of course it wont be on Pegasos alone... then you have to consider MOS will run on reguler Teron's(without the 'custom' firmware/etc the AmigaOne's had added to them)... it will run Phase5 equipped PPC Amigas(and MOS is free for them apperantly) and of course it will run on Pegasos1... eclipsis(if/when its done)... and also psylent wich is basically a Pegasos in a tiny case from what I've seen ...dunno if they will be for sale soon...
I've heard talk of MorphOS bieng ported to Mac's... or bieng made to run off a CD like Amithlon... with an emulator...their own CEO has been open enough to talk to us all right here in the forums about such issues..

its clear their interested in bringing MOS as many places as they can...for reasons differant then OS4's

but then again... OS4 isnt done yet... so we can only speculate about it... when its done (whenever that is) then we can discuss it... for now it's pure speculation...

Offline olegil

• Show only replies by olegil
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2003, 10:09:50 PM »
It wasnt a flame...I genuinely mean that... OS4 will run on AmigaOne for reasons of piracy/etc(so they say)... they chose to do that... no flame there ;P I might have mentioned the old PPC Accelerators it WILL support... but it still wont run on Pegasos..

AOS4 will run on AmigaOne because that's what Eyetech are marketing the AmigaOne FOR. How piracy has ANYTHING to do with AOS4 running on the AmigaOne is WAY beyond me. It does NOT have anything to do with AOS4 running (or not running, as it were) on the Pegasos. That would require actual support from Genesis (or someone else, I guess), which noone has so far been willing to provide. Don't blame Eyetech for that, please...

Offline AmiGR

• Show only replies by AmiGR
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2003, 10:45:05 PM »
And I still agree with you that it doesn't support them:)

BTW, the first posting wasn't a reply to you, OF COURSE
you know about that already.
- AMiGR

Evil, biased mod from hell.

Offline downix

• Show only replies by downix
    • http://www.applemonthly.com
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2003, 10:55:14 PM »
@filson

Well, Bell South promices that it will be running by the 28th.  So here's hoping.

(I had to get a third line to the house, routed not from the normal network grid but from the network grid from behind our house, and then sign up with Bell South rather than the Earthlink I was originally going to use, just to get this far.  *groan*  But *I WILL HAVE DSL!  MUAHAHAHAHA*)
Try blazedmongers new Free Universal Computer kit, available with the GUI toolkit Your Own Universe, the popular IT edition, Extremely Reliable System for embedded work, Enhanced Database development and Wide Area Development system for telecommuting.

Offline jtsirenTopic starter

• Show only replies by jtsiren
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2003, 11:17:57 PM »
Just a quick note to cap this thread as far as I am concerned... got my Pegasos mostly setup today, Radeon 9100 and a nice MicroATX case and all, but still missing a hard drive and a cd-rw. But it boots just fine to MorphOS without hard drive using a cd-rom drive I took temporarily from another machine. Rest of the parts should get here soon.

Offline Alkemyst

• Show only replies by Alkemyst
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2003, 11:58:34 PM »

What the hell are you on about, i said no such thing.

That is the biggest case of putting words into someone's mouth that i have ever seen on Amiga.org.

But then again you like doing that alot so you can justify giveing a long winded reply to something that was not asked in the first place.

But now that you have started.

the objective of MOS is to run on STB's in the first place...so of course it wont be on Pegasos alone... then you have to consider MOS will run on reguler Teron's(without the 'custom' firmware/etc the AmigaOne's had added to them)... it will run Phase5 equipped PPC Amigas(and MOS is free for them apperantly) and of course it will run on Pegasos1... eclipsis(if/when its done)... and also psylent wich is basically a Pegasos in a tiny case from what I've seen ...dunno if they will be for sale soon...
I've heard talk of MorphOS bieng ported to Mac's... or bieng made to run off a CD like Amithlon... with an emulator...their own CEO has been open enough to talk to us all right here in the forums about such issues..

its clear their interested in bringing MOS as many places as they can...for reasons differant then OS4's

but then again... OS4 isnt done yet... so we can only speculate about it... when its done (whenever that is) then we can discuss it... for now it's pure speculation...

half made up crap.

There was no intention to run MOS on the teron when they make money on selling the pegasos.

The STB was an after thought.

Aos4 is planed for many things that MOS is but i cant help if you dont read on the sites i do to get that info first hand.

but then again... OS4 isnt done yet... so we can only speculate about it... when its done (whenever that is) then we can discuss it... for now it's pure speculation

Then again Peg2,MOS CD boot on MAC,STB,eclipsis
Are not here yet so we can only speculate about it... when its done (whenever that is) then we can discuss it... for now it's pure speculation.

MipsProc Stop this one rule for Genesi/Pegasos/MOS that all things planed are fact & will happen no matter what.

2nd rule
But all things Aone/AmigaOs4 planed are not fact.

The Aone is here=Fact
& i have no reason to think that hyperion will giveup on Aos4.

PowerTower A1200,060/80Mhz,Heatsink&Fan,66MBRam,PowerFlyerGold,50xCDRomdrive,250Zip,2.1GB&34GB HD,internal Scandoubler & FF,19\\"Monitor,Mediator,Voodoo3-3000,PaceSolo 56k ,PortJnr2,ZEKeys-XS,SMON ,Os3.9

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2003, 02:19:50 AM »

same situation... trying to take my quote and reverse it... saying MOS is the same situation as AOS4.... saying their both tied to their respective  boards  in the same manner...

wich their both clearly not... Genesi see's a market outside one board...and their not greedy trying to force people to pay high prices for their products... their very grass roots oriented supporting developers... their very open... they put themselves out there and take questions on whatever subject you want about their products... you can talk to them anytime..and they give more then smoke/mirrors answers to questions...

Their giving away MOS for free for phase5 cards... that says alot about them I think... their a good company trying to support this community and actually get it going somewhere again...

Offline bbrv

• Show only replies by bbrv
    • http://www.genesi-tech.com
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2003, 07:50:35 AM »
From an earlier post here on amiga.org:

....Within a true "Community" of people of course there are differences.  There *can* be different hardware, there can be different operating systems, and there should be different opinions about many things.  Let us not forget we are human, computers are not.  If we can share our differences intelligently with mutual respect for the dignity of others all these sites will improve in their usefulness.

We think there is far to much unnecessary "flaming" on all the sites.  We have been a part of it.  We reacted in kind.  We have never been intimidated by any of it and we simply will not allow FUD to remain unanswered.  What will stand in truth and fact in the future will be the action and the results developed by all involved.  If your looking for "measure" we are ready for judgment. We can talk about it and genuinely seek to be the best we can at all we do.  If your looking for a fight and you are bent on insults and personal attacks, take it somewhere else.  

The "thread wars" are over.  We need to work.  Our future is on the road ahead.  We can see where we are going and know how to get there.

Sincerely,

Raquel and Bill
Genesi

Offline Alkemyst

• Show only replies by Alkemyst
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2003, 08:56:20 PM »
by mips_proc on 2003/4/9 2:19:50

Quote:

same situation... trying to take my quote and reverse it... saying MOS is the same situation as AOS4.... saying their both tied to their respective boards in the same manner...

No its not the samething at all.

You better go & lern the "Definition" of putting words into ppls mouths cos you clearly dont understand it.

I did not put words into you mouth cos i quoted what you actualy said/Posted.

You did not quote me sayng that" Aos4 & MOS are the same thing" but then you Proceeded with ( your trying to say is) wich is the first words that are used to out words into ppls mouths.

Cos the fact that you said (your trying to say)

Means that what i said was not what i ment,

Was trying to say something but it came out wrong or was unclear,so your trying to say what i realy ment for me.

But unfortunately saying what some one else really ment can only be from your Point of View & to how much you understood the question in the first place + extent of your knowledge  & undstanding of the subject/subject's matters/matter's & if you know the extent to wich the other person's knowledge  & undstanding of the subject/subject's matters/matter's. are +
 not knowing the the extent to wich the other person's knowledge  & undstanding of the subject/subject's matters/matter's  can lead you to be totally off the mark to what think the persion was really trying to say.

Dont tell ppl what they are saying, ask them what they are saying.

I  dont give a damn for what MOS was ment for.
But i do know MOS users from IRC who have been into MOS from the start & was shocked & angered about the focus on STB & knew nothing of it before hand.

As for me turning your post around yes i did but thats not putting words in your mouth as i did not claim that what i said was what you were trying to say.

what i said is what i said & nothing else.

All i did was point out that the revese is true about future products from both side as not fact untill they are here & you should measure both sides with the same ruler.

wich their both clearly not... Genesi see's a market outside one board...and their not greedy trying to force people to pay high prices for their products... their very grass roots oriented supporting developers... their very open... they put themselves out there and take questions on whatever subject you want about their products... you can talk to them anytime..and they give more then smoke/mirrors answers to questions...

Their giving away MOS for free for phase5 cards... that says alot about them I think... their a good company trying to support this community and actually get it going somewhere again...

I never asked you in the first place if MOS & Aos4  are for the same markets & nore do i care.
So hold on your GenesiPR cos i never asked you what you thought of them in the first place.
PowerTower A1200,060/80Mhz,Heatsink&Fan,66MBRam,PowerFlyerGold,50xCDRomdrive,250Zip,2.1GB&34GB HD,internal Scandoubler & FF,19\\"Monitor,Mediator,Voodoo3-3000,PaceSolo 56k ,PortJnr2,ZEKeys-XS,SMON ,Os3.9

Offline JoannaK

• Show only replies by JoannaK
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2003, 09:30:26 PM »
Just trying to get this thread back to point..

I got myt Pega yesterday (8th April) via Fedex. HW and OS installation was almost as easy as can be and system works OK, even though there are still some edges in that process need to be polished before trying to push this to mass markets.. Especially some important utilities are not part of current CD, apparently they are still at works.

Now I'm in process of installing other goodies to this new system and testing things out.