Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Happy Story for the Holiday  (Read 2429 times)

Description:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
Re: A Happy Story for the Holiday
« on: December 28, 2011, 01:35:18 PM »
HAHA! This happened me last year. I spilt sparkly wine on my laptop keyboard when just a wee little bit drunk. Not much more than a small amount went into the keyboard then it shut off after getting the blue screen of death. Luckily everything was OK except the hard drive and the sticky keyboard. The keyboard never became unsticky and was forced to replace the hard drive. When i opened it up the day after it happened the hard drive was all sticky and had stains of coffee powder :confused: all over it. I never unplugged it but i did try tipping it upside down.  

Also last year i went surfing and forgot to take my phone out my pocket and only realized it was in there as i walked out the water and noticed my thigh was vibrating. I tried putting it in a bowl of dry rice so the rice would absorb the water but nothing happened (i think that's a prank off the net). I learnt afterwards that with salt water you have less than 30 seconds to take the battery out but with fresh water it doesn't matter how long it is in the water. It should be fine. I'm curious to how rum and alcohol would affect electronics...
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 01:37:26 PM »
Quote from: Krischan76;673237
Or drink pure alcohol since it does neither conduct electricity nor become sticky when dry. ;-)

No thanks. I don't want to die!

Anyway isn't pure alcohol ethanol which is poisonous?  :confused:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 02:07:34 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;673249
My MBP is a Late 2008 model, so I have a removable battery... Which has the disadvantage of a much smaller capacity than the soldered one.

The rum was actually "spiced rum", and thus my machine now has a pleasant aroma of vanilla :)

Cool! My smells like watermelon and coffee.