Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amibay registration  (Read 5869 times)

Description:

Offline AJCoplandTopic starter

Amibay registration
« on: July 22, 2015, 02:11:16 PM »
Hi,

I registered on Amibay the other day, then a short time later I was banned having not even had chance to post anything.

This is what I see when I login and I got something similar by email.

You have been banned for the following reason:
Unfortunately, it has not been possible to complete your registration at this time due to an error. Please contact admin@amibay.com, so that the issue can be identified and resolved by our Administration team.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Has anyone else had this problem?

I've emailed to ask why I've been banned without ever having done anything, literally nothing - not figuratively, LITERALLY nothing.

Does anyone know how to contact someone to get it fixed, since I don't even know what the "error" is.

Andy
Be Positive towards the Amiga community!

Re: Amibay registration
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 08:03:45 PM »
The crazy thing is I've not even had the chance to do anything wrong yet :)

It's odd that you can't even look at most of without already having registered too, how am I meant to know that it's worth resolving if I can't see what's actually on the site?

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 09:40:33 AM »
I have emailed, I did mention that at the top ;)

I'm just waiting for a reply now I guess.

Andy

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 10:19:32 AM »
Still no reply, I've emailed again to see if I can get any kind of response.

Andy

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 07:37:23 PM »
Thanks davideo :)

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 03:45:23 PM »
Quote from: SpeedGeek;793276
fitzsteve is no longer a member of Amibay (his account was closed at his own request).

Yes, Amibay has lots of rules, and it's the most common reason why some have issues with site. But you don't have to accept these rules and you don't have to proceed with account registration.

I have little sympathy for the whiners and complainers who never should have proceeded with account registration in the first place.

Erm, I don't have an old account and I haven't even had a chance to break any rules yet so was this directed at me?

I get banning people for doing something wrong but how can I be banned for registering?

Hopefully it will get sorted.

Andy

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 02:53:23 PM »
Quote from: SpeedGeek;793336
Why do you think it's directed at you when it was a reply to the Marcin1962 post?

It's already been explained to you that the Amibay security system will auto-ban any new account registration under certain circumstances. Why is this so hard to understand?

It's not hard to understand that someone might get banned but because of the line:
I have little sympathy for the whiners and complainers who never should have proceeded with account registration in the first place.

I'm not whining or complaining, I'm just trying to get registered. I cannot think of anything I've done that would have fallen afoul of any of AmiBay's terms and conditions.

I've emailed the provided admin address a couple of times to contact people to see what went wrong. Nothing happened about it until davideo was kind enough to have a look but couldn't resolve it and has passed it on.

Emails weren't being responded so I created this thread in the hopes that one of AmiBay's admins might see it and help.

So far I've got say that I'm thinking of giving up on it :( because it's a crap system as all I've done is:
1. register.
2. instant-perma-banned without explanation.
3. emails ignored.
4. posted here to get advice and hopefully get it fixed.

Andy

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 09:57:19 AM »
Woohoo! It's all sorted :)

Thanks Marcin1982 for contacting whomever you did.