Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Windows 7 - Make LCD picture turn into CRT style for old movies showings  (Read 6991 times)

Description:

Offline FloridaTopic starter

• Show all replies
Is it possible through software to make the LCD screen look like an old tube television?  You know where you can pinpoint each pixel.  Or how about how they did in the movie 'RoboCop'; the way the picture looks like when we see the view of RoboCop, like every 3rd or fourth line is faded in a group of also 3 or 4 lines.

I thought it could be fun to watch older movies with such a plug-in or software that could create such a look, without having to acquire an old CRT.

I looked for an iTunes plugin but I had no luck in my search.

• Show all replies
Re: Windows 7 - Make LCD picture turn into CRT style for old movies showings
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 02:12:38 AM »
Very interesting...even that screensaver that was mentioned in one of the links.  Well, maybe one day.

• Show all replies
Try search for 'SLG3000'. There is also a video on YouTube regarding this thing. It comes with VGA, I am not sure if it is possible to get one with HDMI which would be awesome but at least it is a start. It is hardware not software and that is okay, it seems to work perfectly.

YouTube video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzPqwkREvKE

Info from: http://www.arcadeforge.de/
The SLG3000 is a small PCB which allows you to display CRT'esque scanlines on VGA CRTs, LCDs or Plasmas displays. The SLG3000 has a VGA input and a VGA output connector, a potentionmeter to adjust the scanline density and a few dip switches to adjust to the source signal's sync polarity.

An on/off switch can be attached using screw terminals.

- Who created the SLG3000 ?
Winfried Ellenbeck (winni) and Jochen Zurborg (bencao74) from Germany.

- Where can I order the SLG3000 ?
Either from Jochen's page ( http://www.arcadeforge.de/ ) or via PM to bencao74.

- How much is the SLG3000 ?
It's 49 EUR plus a very affordable shipping rate.

Edit: Question: If the TV supports VGA, how do you input sound?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:01:56 PM by Florida »

• Show all replies
If I mount a CRT on the wall I will not be able to open the door to the room. :eek: Next month I am going to order this gadget.  How do you hook up sound when using a VGA on a flat screen TV?

• Show all replies
Someone told me about the RainMeter software. I checked it out, made a scanline bitmap picture and used that as a background drop and changed the shade to 10%.  I am so freakin' happy, it creates the effect I was looking for.