Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A post confirming stuff about MorphOS  (Read 8619 times)

Description:

Re: A post confirming stuff about MorphOS
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2004, 02:08:50 PM »
Donny,

To keep my "arguments" seperated, I have to strongly disagree with your dissertation that all of this is the fault of one person (presumably you're pointing the finger at David Gerber).  What you are apparently not aware of is the FACT that there is a very long list (currently about 12 to 15 people that I personally am aware of) who have worked for Genesi without being fully paid for their services (myself included).

I'm sure the four people on that list did not arbitrarily decide in unison one day to wake up and post that to the Web site.  If they're anything like me, they've probably spent months trying to get their money out of Bill Buck and have taken the only step they feel is left to them at this point.  After months of trying without success, there is a tendency to "give up" on the idea of ever seeing the money you're owed and decide to take the only action left to them.

Seriously Donny, I understand situational changes, but If there is indeed one person to blame for this situation, it's Bill Buck for making commitments that he had ZERO intention of following through with, followed closely by certain SBN's who, in the interest of gaining favor -- or perhaps even their own paychecks -- are trying fervently to do damage control and actually excuse Bill Buck for screwing his people.  

It's AMAZING to watch the number of people (myself included) that Bill Buck is backpeddling to, now claiming that "they didn't do any work" or "there is a disagreement as to how much is owed" (as I said, 12 to 15 by my last known count -- myself included).  Taken in context of the number of people lying in his wake -- all getting the same song and dance -- it cannot be some ignorable coincidence, and he most definitely has lost any right he may have ever had to present himself as a "victim" or "martyr" in all of this.

If I were a real company, I wouldn't touch Buck with "my third-cousin's uncle's sister's roommate's" 10-foot pole.

Offline klesterjr

• Show only replies by klesterjr
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2004, 02:16:24 PM »

Wayne wrote:
mdma,

I have asked you repeatedly not to use avatars of a nazi nature, and painting a Hitler mustache on Dubya still applies.  Remove your avatar, or I will finally remove you.  This is your last warning.

Wayne

Thank you!

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2004, 02:24:44 PM »

Wayne wrote:
mdma,

I have asked you repeatedly not to use avatars of a nazi nature, and painting a Hitler mustache on Dubya still applies.  Remove your avatar, or I will finally remove you.  This is your last warning.

Wayne

Erm..... You haven't ever asked me.

Will change it later on this afternoon when i get time.

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2004, 03:33:27 PM »

DonnyEMU wrote:
This is sad and all I can say is the community strikes again shooting itself in the foot.. When are we gonna get over airing dirty laundry.. A deep hearty thanks to the poster who has really put the morphOS end user's investment in the product in danger..

Morphos Statement

all that stuff on that site is spin by the spin-master.

If you believe anything BBRV say, you are being dupped.

Wayne is telling the Truth.

the only "sides" here are right and wrong. moral and immoral. don't abandon your amiga brothers from someone who has never written a line of code.

the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline Coder

• Show only replies by Coder
    • http://www.amiga.nl
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2004, 04:39:09 PM »
@Wayne

It's AMAZING to watch the number of people (myself included) that Bill Buck is backpeddling to, now claiming that "they didn't do any work" or "there is a disagreement as to how much is owed" (as I said, 12 to 15 by my last known count -- myself included).

You stepped out and told the "public" what they did. And that was all wrong, according the Genesi. I agree on your action but not everyone does the same. You see there are a lot of people that are waiting for money and are keeping quiet. Because once you come out and really tell what you think you can forget about your money. So they keep quiet and that way hope they still get the money. They must have "told" you not to go out and tell the public what happened. Because, how can I put it nicely, they would not like that so much. Hence the leaking of some info about you in the public.

Coder
Check it out - I found the ass-end!

Offline TheMagicMTopic starter

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2004, 05:29:12 PM »
I dont agree with that Coder.  I wouldnt want to wait 1 year to be repaid for the work I did.  Bills dont stop coming in just because you dont have money.  Going public w/your money issues looks bad on who owes the money.  Genesi/bplan/BBRV are in the public eye being that they sell the Pegasos system.  A few well placed emails to business partners will surely scare them off.
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

Offline bbrv

• Show only replies by bbrv
    • http://www.genesi-tech.com
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2004, 05:45:10 PM »
...and that would be just about typical for some people in this community.

As for you Wayne Hunt, do you have the courage to let others read this:

Begin forwarded message:

Date: January 3, 2004 4:11:04 AM CET
To: "Wayne Hunt \(E-mail\)"
Cc: "Raquel Velasco and Bill Buck \(E-mail\)"
Subject: Official Corporate Position
Reply-To:

Wayne

From all reports, you have completed your responsibilities to transfer all required access data relative to the Genesi web sites. Now that we have complete access to the site, we will evaluate what you have actually delivered to Genesi and determine within the next two weeks whether or not we believe you are owed any further consulting fees.

As for expenses, please scan and email to me the phone bill you mentioned in your email of this afternoon. Also, regarding your New Orleans trip, please send me an email breaking down those expenses, with scanned receipts as well. Upon receipt of the breakdown, I will advise you on the timing of any reimbursement.

Effective immediately, you are no longer to use the email address wayne@genesi-usa.com for any purposes. That email address will be shut down and forwarded to me. After this email, I will contact you on your amiga.org address.

Now that all is safely within our corporate control, I will respond to your actions over the past several days.

You were brought on as a consultant on April 9, 2003 with the task of managing the Genesi web development effort and with the goal of having a completed web site with a fully functional on line store completed by July 15, 2003. At your consulting rate of $5,000 a month, the budget for the first phase of the web site was $15,000, not including the consulting fees to the people you were required to manage.

You did not deliver the functional site and additional expenses were incurred to conduct a web developers meeting in Sacramento to bring the effort to focus. Each month, the site was delayed. Faced with a deadline of October 15, 2003, you scrambled, coded with bubble gum and duct tape and put a marginally functional site on line. Over the next two months, you were requested to bring to the site the functionality you were being paid to deliver. You never did.

As of today, you have been paid a total of $38,000 in consulting fees, which represents full payment through December 1, 2003. You were paid more in consulting fees than any other Genesi consultant and delivered the least. As you may recall, you received your first check for a full month of consulting 9 days after being brought on board. I am attaching a full breakdown of payments that have been made to date. Even assuming you have earned any consulting fees through December 30th, the most you would be owed is $5,064.52.

Since you seem to think it may be somehow clever to disparage Genesi in your online postings, please be advised that we are prepared to respond. Genesi is a start up company, so delays in payment of obligations are not that unusual. Should we be required to respond to any on line postings, we will show that, for a start up, we exhibited a tremendous degree of tolerance for your incompetence before terminating your consulting services.

You were paid over twice the budgeted amount for your services yet never delivered the product you were contracted to deliver. In our dealings, you demonstrated a fundamental inability to manage either people or products.  You also do not appear capable of even managing yourself.

Your action in changing the administrative password to deny access to the site was appallingly unprofessional. Attempting to hold a web site hostage while demanding twice what you may reasonably be owed is despicable. Your mingling of corporate and personal data at zone edit jeopardized corporate data and made the access transfer process much more difficult than it should have been.

You have demonstrated without a doubt that you are not fit for any position of trust. Your posting of inappropriate images on the web site demonstrated your complete lack of judgment and fundamental unfitness for any position of responsibility or discretion. Finally, your false statements to me that you were told to post those pictures “ASAP” establishes your utter lack of integrity.

You never seemed to understand that consulting fees are earned by performance, not simply because you survived another 30 days. Considering your poor performance and failure to deliver the contracted product, your demand for anything demonstrates an incredible level of arrogance.

This email will be placed in the corporate records as the official position of Genesi regarding your performance as a consultant. Should you desire to provide a response to Genesi’s official position, I will include that in the corporate records along with this document. Having said that, I have no intention of engaging in a debate with you over your performance.

We have no intention of making any aspect of this position public. If, however, you decide to commence an on line discussion of Genesi, I can assure you that we will identify you as a disgruntled former consultant and post a response containing the points outlined above to place your comments into perspective.

Paul Adams
Chief Operating Officer
Genesi - USA

-----

R&B

Offline Coder

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2004, 05:51:12 PM »
@TheMagicM

I dont agree with that Coder. I wouldnt want to wait 1 year to be repaid for the work I did.

You mean that you think I do not like Wayne or others coming out? I don't mind at all they do. Maybe my post was a bit unclear. Note: must get sleep!

Coder

Offline Coder

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2004, 05:54:12 PM »
You mean that you think I do not like Wayne or others coming out?

I mean that they express their feelings about the whole situation, not coming out of the closet. Not that there is anything wrong with that but that's not what I mean. Ok I will stop now. :-)

Coder

Offline DanDude

• Show only replies by DanDude
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2004, 06:30:29 PM »
 posted by redrumloa on 2004/11/24 14:09:18
(new smilies)

:laughing: LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Put those in our extended smilies list please!!!
#AmIRC
mesra.dal.net or hotspeed.dal.net
irc2.beyondirc.net

Offline DanDude

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2004, 06:39:01 PM »
Wayne said:
The fact is that he's (Bill Buck's) made promises he hasn't kept, and has a long list of people who've been screwed in his path, so the sole "fault" rests entirely on him.

Perfect.  I knew Bill Buck and MorphOS was nothing but bad news to begin with.  My hunch was right.  Oh, I'm not like shoving this bad news into everyone's face or would want to troll.  It's just the way it is--the truth hurts.   :-(
#AmIRC
irc2.beyondirc.net

Offline DanDude

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2004, 06:45:46 PM »
Well, well, well, Paul Adams...

Bad-mouthing the community now?
#AmIRC
irc2.beyondirc.net

Offline Framiga

• Show only replies by Framiga
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2004, 06:54:44 PM »
THREAD LOCKED BY AN USER :roll:

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2004, 06:58:32 PM »
I seem to remeber A time, and I could be wrong, where wayne was standing up for genesis, whenever people bad mouthed them or hinted at them being less than professional.  

I really dont think, in all my years of reading waynes posts and dealing with him on a few occasions that he whould to stir up a can of worms, if had indeed been such a bad employee.

And I know from experience (my father works for EDS in the UK), that if a prokect goes over target date or budget that the company and or employees still expect and do get paid.

I also dont think all these people are bad mouthing bill buck just for the phone of it, has that man got a paranoid mind or what, and seems to be your usual school boy bully, who blames everything one everyone else.

And before people get on the Ainc arr no better etc etc, I really dont care. I own neither system(though I might one day), and have a classic miggy, manufactured by commodore. I dont think either side has been professional in this, and I have harping on for years now, about people growing up and working together, we whould have new updated hardware, with a full release os by now if they did.

But its too late for all that now, and I am honestly starting to think that the end is nigh.

Prehaps the morphos coders could work towards releasing the os for A1...

just my very long 2p
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline Cymric

• Show only replies by Cymric
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2004, 07:00:06 PM »
Dear Wayne, dear Bill,

Would it be too much to ask to stop this naive nonsense of trying to out-smear the other in public and take this discussion to private channels? Obviously you two have a lot to talk about, and my advice would be to hire an attorney---I am given to understand that is usually the best course of action in these cases.

Bill, one word of friendly impartial advice: the statement on Genesi's site speaks of 'damaged discussions with major strategic partners' because of all the hubbub; this particular stunt of yours is really not helping your case one bit.

Wayne, same for you: I admire your professional and adult-like restraint in a lot of matters; you even chide many for not showing any, and rightfully so. I hope you take your own advice to heart.
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.

Offline BigBenAussie

• Show only replies by BigBenAussie
« Reply #44 from previous page: November 25, 2004, 07:27:16 PM »
BBRV, that e-mail by you is below the belt...
A$$hole!!!!

You are making mortal enemies!!!!