Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Free S/W H/W Update - Well **** me with a pickled onion!  (Read 3329 times)

Description:

Offline Ryu

• Show only replies by Ryu
    • http://www.intuitionbase.com
Re: Free S/W H/W Update - Well **** me with a pickled onion!
« Reply #29 from previous page: November 15, 2003, 02:30:13 PM »
well with a bit of luck I will be able to help betatest OS4 on my BPPC.
Yours
Darren aka Ryu
-----------------------------
www.IntuitionBase.com
My Amiga 1200 webserver

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show only replies by that_punk_guy
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2003, 02:37:13 PM »
@CU

I don't see what's so fishy about generosity! Unless I've missed something?

@lempkee

If you don't like AROS that's fine, but it sucks to say people should be hanged for supporting it!

Support Positivity in the Amiga Community!

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2003, 02:44:16 PM »
@tpg:
Bah humbug!

;-)

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show only replies by that_punk_guy
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2003, 02:47:37 PM »
Ol' Jacob Marley's out to teach you a lesson people! :lol:

Offline Ni72ous

• Show only replies by Ni72ous
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2003, 03:48:44 PM »
IMO if it were to be donated to a dev team it would have to be an opensource/freeware project, so i would rule out hyperion, no offenece to the hyperion team,  i think it would be best used "in no order of preference" by the following software projects, Aros, Yam, AWeb, Amizilla  maybe someother projects you like,  How about a vote kees?
Ni72ous

Offline mikeymike

• Show only replies by mikeymike
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2003, 03:54:42 PM »
@ bloodline
The problem with Mozilla is that the project is now dead, and that a web brower is not going to attract developers to the Amigoid platform.

I'd like to know how you arrived at that conclusion (that the project is "dead").  Still business as usual as far as I can see...

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2003, 05:14:47 PM »
i also vote for hyperion

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2003, 05:20:18 PM »

mikeymike wrote:
@ bloodline
The problem with Mozilla is that the project is now dead.

I'd like to know how you arrived at that conclusion (that the project is "dead").  Still business as usual as far as I can see...

The project has divided into two smaller projects the brower being called something like "Fire Bird".

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2003, 07:59:40 PM »
by lempkee on 2003/11/15 6:40:41

anyway thoose who mention aros in here should be hanged , AROS is a X86 amiga os project.

Lempkee, it's people like you that gave the Amiga Community a bad name.   Promoting physical violence against people who like a open source OS is not only rather childish, but illegal in many countries (see various "hate crime" laws).  FYI, AROS is a multi-platform OS, like it or not.

Dammy
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline Ryu

• Show only replies by Ryu
    • http://www.intuitionbase.com
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2003, 08:48:23 PM »
sheesh, i dont think Lempkee meant to literally hang people, its just a figure of speech. Secondly I belive lempkee was just a little missinformed, and rather than attack him why not just explain to him where he is wrong, im sure he will understand...
Yours
Darren aka Ryu
-----------------------------
www.IntuitionBase.com
My Amiga 1200 webserver

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2003, 09:36:09 PM »

Ryu wrote:
sheesh, i dont think Lempkee meant to literally hang people, its just a figure of speech. Secondly I belive lempkee was just a little missinformed, and rather than attack him why not just explain to him where he is wrong, im sure he will understand...

While I agree that we shpould not attack him, and simply explain the truth to him, it should be noted that he has been told many times the facts about AROS...

Offline odin

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2003, 09:39:41 PM »
Well....that's what fundamentalists are for. Not affectable by reason ;-).

Offline CaptainHIT

• Show only replies by CaptainHIT
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2003, 12:07:32 AM »
WOW!!! And i was really thinking "That is the next onwer"...
Damn, people with a soft heart like me would always trust to guys who say such stuff. Maybe i should be careful after now :)

I want a PPC! Never had one :(
Got one for free from a friend. But it was broken, and that's why i got it. He said i could send it for repair. But he didn't think about if i have that money for the shipping and repair costs. So that's why a PPC 160MHz with 040/25 is laying in my drawer, for eternity :(

I want a working PPC! And make better gfx and faster (for i am doing for some gfx for games atm)! :/
Amiga1200 in Ateo Tower, Phase5 Blizzard1260/50MHz, Phase5 SCSI-IV Kit, 64MB Fast-RAM, Elbox Mediator1200, Voodoo3000, SB128, PCI Ethernet Card, 30GB Quantum Fireball & 120GB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 48x24x48x LG CD-RW, 52x LG CD-ROM, Elbox FastATA1200

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2003, 12:19:01 AM »
bloodline: ok i checked the aros site many times but i have allways missed thoose 68k etc ports, can you provide me with one? , and i doubt i would use my time on it though (dev) due to i have too much in my hands atm.

either pm or email me with some info, and as i told earlier the reason why i was so hostile was because of x86, if there is an 68k i am more than willing to try it out and then comment it, oh and btw os4 works fine on classic hw if u have a cybppc so i didnt really understand why u said that,m but then again it mght have been YET another missunderstanding by me..

i am anti to all thoose who belive since its old its free , thats why i am no fan of opensource or abandon bla etc, sure its good for the stuff thats abandon but not the stuff that aint but the website claim it is..

everyone knows TOSEC by now, just another example of how people can say they are dooing abandonware untill u actually do research and find Your own products in it AND is still active on amiga...

anyway i know aros is legal or said to be, never been a 100% clarification done by amiga.inc but it never would be either so (we know them heh) so all in all provide me with some links or whatever and i will check it out.

cheers

(sorry if i broke someones heart, but i am 100% amiga and that means i dont go for option 2 or 3 etc....)

Whats up with all the hate!

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2003, 12:31:16 AM »
dammy: do you remeber when amithlon surfaced ? , people screamed it was totally legal etc and everything was so good that everyone should move over to it , alot of people was lost to x86 because of amithlon and they wont come back and guess what only 5% maybe of them sticked with amithlon, rest use now windows and ignores amiga or uses uae now and then though less and less.

thats my point, this is why everything is as it is and why i am abit rude to the new kids on the block, sorry but i really never put amithlon behind me due to the fact i lost alot of friends because they moved over there and found out it wasnt as it was described (super puper fast and bla bla) , and that amigaos 4 was going x86 etc...made people leave amiga ppc and 68k... for x86, and they wont return unless something big happens..

anyway i always wish for amiga to be the Thing again but i dont think it ever will due to the fact that we have uae,amithlon,umilator,aros,morphos to make amiga just another....ummm thing.... though its nice to make it appeal to everyone but then again look at linux, it aint actually living wealthy because of sales number on the sw etc..

people dont buy sw or support the plattform unless the crack or whatever is crap, because they couldnt care less ... (majority speaking ofcourse) ..

i just hope people who use aros and morphos and uae and amithlon etc supports the market by registrating products and buys sw etc.

though its quite good that we have a forum crowd but there is many who dont even know of the forums and there is also them who wont bother with it..

sorry for the long message, but i am just trying to explain my point of view as a developer and how the last 5? years have effected me and the people around me.

(i might get slayed when this has been read but i hope people will understand why and what...)

Whats up with all the hate!

Offline odin

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2003, 01:25:57 AM »
@lempkee:

Ofcourse, pirating software which is still available and of which ppl can still make money sucks, agreed.

But how in the world can pirating Lemmings or whatever old game hurt anyone? Buying secondhand is also no use, the authors don't get any money that way. In fact reselling software is illegal I'd say (if you follow the letter of the law).

(Or am I missing your point completely?)