Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Free S/W H/W Update - Well **** me with a pickled onion!  (Read 3327 times)

Description:

Offline pickled_onion_manTopic starter

• Show only replies by pickled_onion_man
Free S/W H/W Update - Well **** me with a pickled onion!
« on: November 14, 2003, 11:54:20 PM »
Hello everybody. Just got hold of my Inbox, looks like there are plenty of people who want the stuff, I was expecting a much lower response. Glad to see there is still a decent following.

I'm sorry, but I haven't had time to reply to the email's personally, but i will keep people informed this way and when everythings gone, I'll email everyone. Everybody will be considered, but don't bother offering me any money for the stuff - I'm far from rich but I don't want any cash, I'd much rather give it to a loving home (I'll have the right hump if any of it appears on Ebay after being donated).

All the stuff is being stored at my aunt's place as I haven't got room at my flat, so I will get over there in the next week or so and make a list of exactly what I have, then I'll put it on a web page and provide the url.
So people can look at their lesuire.

I'm a bit stumped as to the most deserving people to give bits N' pieces to, any ideas/nominations anybody?

Please refrain from sending any more emails to me until I have exact details of what I've got.

Offline x56h34

• Show only replies by x56h34
Re: Free S/W H/W Update - Well **** me with a pickled onion!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2003, 12:05:39 AM »
My 2 cents. Sell it on Ebay and then donate the money to charity. That way, an Amiga user that wants to have your hardware will buy it, and the money still goes to a good cause.

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2003, 12:58:05 AM »
That's a good idea, but Ebay really sucks.

Can I just say again, No more emails from anybody for the time being please (I like my pickled.onions address, I don't want to have to kill it off)

Offline JoannaK

• Show only replies by JoannaK
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2003, 01:19:59 AM »
Well. Why not Donate it to AROS project.. They have had sales of unused equipment (sales handled on Ebay by pro) and collected money to support AROS making.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2003, 01:26:38 AM »
Call me a spastic, but what is AROS? Remember I've been away from the scene for years.

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show only replies by Herewegoagain
    • Http://www.ncscaug.us
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2003, 01:36:11 AM »

pickled_onion_man wrote:
Call me a spastic, but what is AROS? Remember I've been away from the scene for years.

AROS is a portable and free desktop operating system aiming at being compatible with AmigaOS 3.1, while improving on it in many areas. The source code is available under an open source license, which allows anyone to freely improve upon it.

Or visit their website for more info.
North and South Carolina Users interested in a \\\'local\\\' user group should visit NCSC Amiga Users Group page and sign up for membership. It\\\'s free!

Offline mantisspider

• Show only replies by mantisspider
    • http://www.digitalpowerhouse.net
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2003, 01:40:48 AM »
donate to me :-) ive never touched a PPC before, and I will loooooooove it. I will give never let a day go by without it being used... and it will never been seen on eBay and i will let all the neighbours come round and play with it. ok, they can come round and look at it.

:-) ooooh go on.... pleeeaaase

i want to make games for the PPC and will give my games away for free, but I dont have a PPC amiga to work on. I have so many dreams, help them come true

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show only replies by that_punk_guy
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2003, 01:42:31 AM »
http://www.aros.org

The Amiga Research Operating System project is an reimplementation of the AmigaOS's functions and libraries on a variety of platforms. It's a free, opensource project. Most people's interest in it is that it allows you to run an Amiga-like OS natively on commonly available Intel/AMD PC hardware.

They're some way from completion, but they've come a long way. As far as I know the proceeds from such sales and donations go towards the cash bounties which are awarded to programmers who finish set tasks - at the moment there's a bounty on a TCP/IP stack and a native GCC compiler for AROS. (Info on the bounties here)

Bugger, someone beat me while I was waffling ;-)

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2003, 02:03:46 AM »
Okay, it looks like I owe you an apology pickled onion. :-). I'm too much of a greedy capitalist to understand your reasoning I guess ;-).

Offline Kees

• Show only replies by Kees
    • http://www.amiga.org
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2003, 02:12:40 AM »
I believe Amidelf from Amigaworld.org was also looking for a ppc card ...

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5047
Kees Witteveen
Amiga.org

** Cool Signature **

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2003, 07:16:47 AM »
Hi,

@ pickled_onion_man,

Don't know what you have, but find some poor soul like me who has hardly a computer in the house and me being with 5 kids and all that despertly need a computer to do their school work with. I could guarantee you that  me five kids especially Arlene would truly love to have a computer to do their home work with and these fine computers would never end up on ebay.  You know with me being without work and all, I really couldn't afford to pay you for them at this time and I was wonderin if you could afford to ship them to me, of course I will keep you in mind when I do get me self a job and have a wee little bit left over to send to you to pay you for your kindness.

Smerf

Amiga 3000, Picasso II, GVP IV24 card, 18 megs of memory, 2.2 gig hard drive, 1 gig hard drive, 52X cdrom burner and of course OS 3.9

Amiga 1200, with 603e ppc card & 40 mhz 68040, 2.2 gig ide hard drive, 32 meg ram, 52 X cd rom burner.

CD32 with SX-1, 8 meg ram, 250 meg hard drive.

CD32 board with SX-1, 8 meg ram, mounted in black shoe box.

Amiga 500, 512 K ram, pretty stock.

Amiga 1000, supra scsi controller, supra hard drive with 2 20 meg hard drives, 4 meg of ram, midi card, supra modem, and 16 x cdrom burner (yamaha).

e-machine, 2.2 ghz, 512 meg ram, 80 meg hard drive, 48 x cdrom burner and dvd player.

800 mhz, microtel, 512 meg ram, 40 meg hard drive,
ATI xpert video board.

500 mhz compaq, 512 meg ram, 48x cdrom.

200 mhz packard bell, 128 meg ram, 2.2 gig hard drive (my business machine)

130 mhz, clone, too much junk in it to descrive, 4 scsi hard drives, 64 meg ram.

Of course all pc clones have nic cards.

all amiga's are now sitting on shelf waiting to be set up.

Hey cmon now, I have the best story don't I. I almost brought tears to your eyes.
 :-D  :-P
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2003, 07:57:21 AM »
@ onion

I like x56h34's idea (sheesh that's a silly handle!), or if not maybe Joanna's idea. To be honest - there'll be too much squabbling and arguing little like children otherwise (as has become evident already!).
viz
I GET PPC BOARD! :-x

Really, your best bet would be to sell it or auction it - It's a very noble gesture of yours giving it away, but I think that'd create so much hassle....
Besides, if people are willing to give you money, why not take it? You could always give the money to charity...

Just my ha'penny's worth...
I like Amigas

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2003, 10:39:38 AM »

JoannaK wrote:
Well. Why not Donate it to AROS project.. They have had sales of unused equipment (sales handled on Ebay by pro) and collected money to support AROS making.

That would be a worthy cause (but then I would say that :-D ). I'd like the equipment to be auctioned off and the money to go to an 68k emulation bounty :-)

Offline Ni72ous

• Show only replies by Ni72ous
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2003, 11:20:51 AM »
I would say donate it to a dev team, Aros or Amizilla or something.
Ni72ous

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2003, 11:40:41 AM »
our team allready enquired for it , we need it but i understand others who step out, 060 ppc cards is rare when it comes to a1200.

anyway thoose who mention aros in here should be hanged , AROS is a X86 amiga os project.

give it to someone who loves the community and will stay around and not in UAE or on a Pc..

if its given to any in the active dev teams then i would appriciate it , but giving it to someone who wants to kill off amiga and its os? , bleh.

there u go, now i said it..aros is just another example of why people move to pc (aros is quite ok , but it aint for amiga hw...so bleh... or maybe with this card we would get aros on a real amiga ?...hmmm never crossed me mind....sorry for trolling if so..)

cheers
Whats up with all the hate!