Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Totally committed...... and new ☄ ♖  (Read 1705 times)

Description:

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
Re: Totally committed...... and new ☄ ♖
« Reply #14 from previous page: October 20, 2012, 06:48:11 PM »
Quote from: Rob;712087
The HxC is an SD card based floppy emulator that will plug into the Amiga's internal floppy port and allow you to boot from ADF images images on the Amiga.  I think's about the same price as the ACA620 and WHDload + ACA620 would be my preferred solution for running games.

Just need to mention the HxC does not read ADF images. You have to convert them using a bit of supplied software into the HFE format the reader uses. Because it's a multi system reader it can't read every available format. But it's simple enough to convert them and the batch converter did 70 ADF's into HFE in seconds. The HxC is also 82.40 EUR (£67.05 at time of writing) so it's swings and roundabouts. Depends what he ultimately wants to do with his miggy. But yes it's not a cheap hobby lol. But fun and rewarding.

Offline JPondRobocodTopic starter

• Show only replies by JPondRobocod
Re: Totally committed...... and new ☄ ♖
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 08:02:49 PM »
Wow thank you for the reply Rob!!! The step by step guide you have written is very very useful and will be my reference and 'bible' for the project. It is very very appreciated!!

I am soo knackered and tired, its 5am here now and im going off to bed but not without saying thank you for all the replies and help. Ill reply in the morning and put some pictures up too to share. And thank you very much again Rob your guide is particularly helpful and i'll keep it close.

Night guys and chat again tomorrow!! Thanks again for all the replies and help!!! :)