Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AROS Browser Bounty progress  (Read 4411 times)

Description:

Offline Crumb

• Show only replies by Crumb
    • http://cuaz.sourceforge.net
Re: AROS Browser Bounty progress
« Reply #29 from previous page: January 15, 2009, 09:55:04 AM »
@paolone

On AmigaOS UI the most coherent place would be the left side because you already close other GUI elements (e.g. Windows) with a gadget on the left.

Putting close gadgets at the right of the tabs will confuse amigans since amigans have close gadgets at left. Putting the close gadget at the right on MS Windows is the best place since the user closes the windows with a gadget located at the right.

Anyway if the close gadget of the tabs was configurable problem solved for those people who is used to alien OSes with close gadgets on the right.

PS: Stanislaw has done a great work :-)

PS2: But I hope he makes the position of the tabs close gadget configurable and that he locates it at the left so it follows AmigaOS UI style.
The only spanish amiga news web page/club: Club de Usuarios de Amiga de Zaragoza (CUAZ)

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2009, 12:40:30 PM »
I not entirely sure the close gadget needs to be on the left of a tab for a consistant UI since in my mind the tab is unrelated to the window decoration...

That said, Apple have the window close gadget on the left... And have their tab close gadget on the left... They pay people millions of dollars every year to think about this stuff... So I guess they are correct :-)

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2009, 12:46:35 PM »
Yeah sure thats why they came up with such an inspired piece of software as iTunes  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2009, 12:50:38 PM »

JJ wrote:
Yeah sure thats why they came up with such an inspired piece of software as iTunes  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I would mock it too... But it has somehow been more sucessful than any other content delivery platform ever made... :shrug:

Offline deadwoodTopic starter

• Show only replies by deadwood
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2009, 04:20:59 PM »
How is javascript on this OWB port? What is Google Docs like to use?

Like this :)

Offline Crumb

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2009, 05:05:13 PM »
@bloodline

Windows have gadgets and gadgets are not "decoration", gadgets are part of the UI.
The only spanish amiga news web page/club: Club de Usuarios de Amiga de Zaragoza (CUAZ)

Offline mihcael

• Show only replies by mihcael
    • http://brutalamiga.mikendezign.com/
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2009, 06:07:13 PM »
But in AROS the gadgets are part of the decoration system and the location of the close gadget is controlled by the decoration prefs and can be either left or right! (depending upon design) ;)

Offline meega

• Show only replies by meega
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2009, 06:31:19 PM »
In Firefox, about:config, browser.tabs.closeButtons lets you choose where you want them to be.
:)

Offline paolone

• Show only replies by paolone
    • http://www.icarosdesktop.org
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2009, 08:43:36 AM »

Crumb wrote:
@paolone

On AmigaOS UI the most coherent place would be the left side because you already close other GUI elements (e.g. Windows) with a gadget on the left.

Since on AROS the close gadget is part of the decoration stuff (and hence it is user-configurable), it can be either placed on the left or the right.

Putting close gadgets at the right of the tabs will confuse amigans since amigans have close gadgets at left. Putting the close gadget at the right on MS Windows is the best place since the user closes the windows with a gadget located at the right.

I frankly hope amigans are not so retarded to be confused by the ONLY gadget present on the tab (apart the title).

Anyway if the close gadget of the tabs was configurable problem solved for those people who is used to alien OSes with close gadgets on the right.

I hope Stanislaw will look into this only later and if he has time to waste, because the most urget goal is to have a working, full-featured browser, and not making happy a few people who has ALWAYS to be negative for something and to cry for stupid things (like this one).

The big news is we finally have a browser, and what I have got to read here? "the close gadget in tabs is in the wrong place". I really can't express how silly this comment is IMHO.

PS: Stanislaw has done a great work :-)

Well, at least this is clear to everyone.
p.bes

Offline Crumb

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2009, 12:07:53 PM »
@paolone

Since on AROS the close gadget is part of the decoration stuff (and hence it is user-configurable), it can be either placed on the left or the right.

Then the close gadget of whatever element should be located in the same place to keep the usage uniform and to avoid confusion.

I frankly hope amigans are not so retarded to be confused by the ONLY gadget present on the tab (apart the title).

Some people may expect the user is not so retarded to require a GUI or "launching scripts" with fashionable names, but users like GUIs and good designed GUIs have uniform way of working without arbitrarities.

Offline Louis Dias

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2009, 04:48:09 PM »
All AROS is missing now is a World of Warcraft client and then I won't need Windows/Mac anymore, lol!