Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PeeCee Gamers ha! What a funny bunch eh. lol!  (Read 4681 times)

Description:

Offline jeffimix

• Show all replies
Re: PeeCee Gamers ha! What a funny bunch eh. lol!
« on: March 27, 2003, 03:33:29 AM »
ME, I use a DOS/WIN 3.1 computer for most of games nowadays.... mostly DOS. DOS is a decent OS, very limited but pretty flexible (/me loves  the *.bat and wildcards) . Considering most fo the games I play are DOS games, I wonder if getting an old Amiga would be a good move, I mean, could I get the same (mostly) games for it? Like Fury of the Furries, or Lemmings? ( I think I heard Lemmings mentioned on this thread)  or mmm.... Monkey Treasure Island? I'm typing on a windows Xp machine, as its whats set up to use the net (text only DOS browsing? yuck)  I could always put DOS on my PalmPilot (I heard it exists somewhere). Or how about, dum dee dee dum!, can it play Keen4? Still, theres things like wordperfect for DOS... or WordPerfect...
\\"The only benchmarks that matter is my impression of the system while using the apps I use. Everything else is opinion.\\" - FooGoo

Offline jeffimix

• Show all replies
Re: PeeCee Gamers ha! What a funny bunch eh. lol!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2003, 11:05:33 PM »
DOOM on a 486? why yes, thats bad graphic's especially zoomed in. Sadly that is not really because of DOS (it isn't a windows game really, if I recall correctly) . Another game was released about the same time by Citadel (Games Workshop) which was DOOM like but it had very much improved graphics, and I have heard the AI is supposed to be smarter too. DOS doesn't have bad overhead, but yes windows definitely does. :D My school uses an Amiga 2000 (2500?) to do the scrolling text on its local TV channel, with Video Toaster.  which goes to show how far ahead the Amiga was, the channel doesn't look dated at all.  though since I sometimes saw a mouse icon I had always thought it was windows NT or something, like most school computers. X86 stuff isn't so bad as really windows bloatware is. Although X86 is getting up in the limits (2ghz Pentium Zeons in the best school computers, look like they're on life support.) . I was doing my homework in the library today, then I look over and I'm like WTF?!?! theres two Amigas sitting there, a 2000 and 2500. they were out of the production room for the moment, had never seem them before so I went and asked the TV production teacher if he still used them.
\\"The only benchmarks that matter is my impression of the system while using the apps I use. Everything else is opinion.\\" - FooGoo