Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Port switcher for A1200 / PC...  (Read 1992 times)

Description:

Offline GryfonTopic starter

Port switcher for A1200 / PC...
« on: November 05, 2002, 03:39:20 PM »
Greetings all,

A couple of questions:

1) Does anyone know of a port switcher available to permit a PC & A1200 to have simultaneous connection to one PC style mouse / monitor / keyboard?

2) The A1200 has a scandoubler which fits over chips on the motherboard with a ribbon out to a VGA style output port.  Would this be of any use regards question 1 (ie : are there monitor limitations that I would need to be aware of when using this device?)

3)  Would it be simpler / cheaper to buy a dedicated two-in-one style  tower (Power Tower etc) and stuff everything in there?

Thanks in advance,

Gryfon
\\"We should take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.\\" Ripley, Aliens

Re: Port switcher for A1200 / PC...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2002, 04:10:01 PM »
Cheers dude - very much appreciated!
\\"We should take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.\\" Ripley, Aliens

Re: Port switcher for A1200 / PC...
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2002, 05:01:50 PM »
Guys - that's superb!  Thanks for the detailed explaination, it's been very useful.  I've found lots of info re: KVMs & cables as a result.  I think I'll go with the Mr Hardware solutions, as they'll definitely work with KVM switches.  Need to have a think about scan doublers.  But first - need to rescue my A1200 from the attic and make sure it's still working... ;-)