Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Newtek's VT5 and Amiga OS 4.1?  (Read 3434 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaPixelTopic starter

• Show all replies
Newtek's VT5 and Amiga OS 4.1?
« on: February 01, 2009, 03:34:45 AM »

Hi all thought I post this subject after posted it in the Desktop video forum.

I was hoping that If OS 4.1 and the Sam 440ep start selling more, even as a nich market that Newtek would port over the new VT5 to Amiga OS. Or allow a third party to do it. It doesn't seem like it would be to hard for a skilled programmer, especially since the new Amiga hardware has PCI slots. Speed Edit alone would be a prize on the Amiga, it is resolution independent. Any programmers out there have any thoughts on this and how practical this would be? :-D

• Show all replies
Re: Newtek's VT5 and Amiga OS 4.1?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 04:35:37 AM »

Good point! it would be too expensive. It is a live switcher but also a post production edit suite, basically the A Video Toaster/Flyer on steroids. Full High Def input/output alot more channels etc.it uses Speed Edit for the non-linear editing which is also sold as a stand alone software package I believe. That seems much more viable to port over. :-)

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 09:16:20 AM »
 Very good points and insights. Yes the Open Video Toaster seems to be the best bet. I would think there is a lot of potential for adapting the software.

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 12:27:10 PM »

I had forgotten about the Matrox RT2. Was there a PC version? I thought I had seen one, those Matrox users must of been really pissed.

I had noticed the the Altera chip on a VT1. The Flyer has At&T chip on it. Yes it all could be put on one chip now. That would be very interesting project with an FPGA. :-D

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 08:32:56 AM »
 Wow! Nice debate! And I thought this thread had died. My job is done. :-D

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 08:34:54 AM »

Pyromania wrote:
@bloodline

The software is the key, it is now open source and can be upgraded & ported to MorphOS, AROS & 4.1. Why start over from scratch when you have a blueprint in front of you that is already Amiga code? The ease of use of the interface is still amazing as is the integrated CG, Paint system, FX, ChromaFX & NLE. Not to mention cool 3rd party plug-ins. MorphOS, Amiga OS 4.1 & AROS need video editing software since they have none.

Very well put, with the open Video Toaster source there is a good foundation to build on.

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 08:37:24 AM »

Boy I have been on that tread mill before, all of the hoops you have to jump through to get Amiga animations and videos to PC.  :roll: