Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: We've got it better here than we realize. ;)  (Read 357 times)

Description:

Offline ferrellsl

Re: We've got it better here than we realize. ;)
« on: March 11, 2015, 09:39:56 PM »
I'm not so sure about that.  I get very weary of the threads here that devolve into a fantasy where AmigaOS or OS4 is going to take the world by storm if it had this, that or the other feature.  That's about as ridiculous as trying to make Lotus 1-2-3 a competitor with current versions of Microsoft Excel.  These ships have long since sailed and I'm amazed by how out-of-touch some people on this site are.  You can actually reason with someone who tries to get you to upgrade something that is still supported and supports modern standards but all the threads about AmigaOS or OS4 rising like a Phoenix from the ashes of a long-dead Commodore and reaching mainstream acceptance is beyond absurd.  At this point I'd welcome reasonable exchanges with people who are still in touch with the technology that's doing the grunt work instead of hearing from guys who are literally living in an "Amiga cave" with no outside contact and reading 1985 editions of Amazing Computing that they've hoarded and stacked to their ceilings.  Don't get me wrong.  I love the past and have fond memories of my Amiga days, and I still have my Amigas and enjoy them for what they are, but I'm not delusional and I've stayed current in the IT field.....and for good reason.  Gotta eat and pay my bills!

But yes, I do understand your frustration as well.  Just because something is new, doesn't always mean that it's better.