Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: We've got it better here than we realize. ;)  (Read 358 times)

Description:

Offline Oldsmobile_MikeTopic starter

We've got it better here than we realize. ;)
« on: March 11, 2015, 06:55:40 PM »
I know this forum has some lousy flame-wars, personal attacks, accusations of bad moderation, and every other nasty thing people can do on the Internet on it, from time-to-time.

But today I got a new one that just takes the cake, and wanted to share!

Was getting a couple Sharepoint errors in the event log on a particular SBS 2008 box.  Spent a couple hours researching and trying different solutions, without success.  So I posted in a forum of like-minded techy users, specifically related to SBS questions.

Instead of a helpful response, I get this guy commenting about how I should just scrap everything, and upgrade to Office 365 and VM's for my servers, instead.  When my particular server still works well, is still supported by Microsoft, and only has a couple errors in the event log.

He basically turns my thread asking for help with a couple error messages into a platform to sell Microsoft software upgrades.

So after I tell him that his advice is not helpful or relevant, he throws my entire thread into moderation, and says "I'm an admin, I can do what I want!"

Man, what a jerk-hole!  I swear, if I was closer, I would punch this guy's lights out!  Grrr! I am so mad about it!  Despite all the smiley face emoticons!  ;)

Anyhow, be glad we've got it as good as we do here at amiga.org, even if people should learn "if they don't have something helpful to say, don't say anything at all" a little more, haha.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline Oldsmobile_MikeTopic starter

Re: We've got it better here than we realize. ;)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 09:34:56 PM »
Quote from: Tripitaka;786212
You wanted to punch him? I've always considered you one of the most reasonable members of Amiga.org, he must of been a right ass. I guess he's just let it go to his head. Being a moderator is just too much power for some people to handle.

Haha, thanks!  And thanks for letting me share.  Sometimes it's good to vent!  :)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos