Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Netbooks Are Losing Steam?  (Read 8399 times)

Description:

Offline alexatkin

• Show all replies
    • http://csdprojects.co.uk/
Re: Netbooks Are Losing Steam?
« on: May 01, 2010, 03:27:48 AM »
Speaking of PC gaming dying, I got the shock of my life when talking to member of staff in HMV a few months back who said he sold his PS3 and Xbox 360 in order to switch back to PC gaming for its "better graphics".

I can't say I have noticed the jump in PC graphics (visually in actual games, technically its clearly still moving forwards) so much over the past few years personally, not like I did previously.  For the few games I tried on both, I couldn't really tell any difference between the Xbox 360 version and my 8800GTS despite Xbox being a generation behind that.  Other than the Xbox version juddering less, having better controls, achievements, etc.  Although I guess the 8800GTS itself is a few generations old now.

So I much prefer the slightly worse but "it just works" gaming of my Xbox 360 to my PC any day. I just wish they would port more Amiga classics over to Xbox Live Arcade.  You would think games like Wiz n Liz would be perfect, but Bizarre Creations seem to have gotten too big to deal with such niche games anymore. :(

And to stay on subject, I think they killed off Netbooks shortly after they started gaining steam.  The instant they removed Linux, the SSD, stuck another £100 on the price, there just didn't seem any point any more as they became underpowered overpriced laptops.

Unless it does 6+ hours (many do not under REAL use) its pointless spending almost as much as my laptop, when that can do 2 and a half hours of fair usage.