Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amithlon - Anything Happening?  (Read 4724 times)

Description:

Offline ne_one

• Show all replies
Re: Amithlon - Anything Happening?
« on: November 10, 2002, 07:13:08 PM »
@bhoggett

Have you been in contact with Bernie at all? I suspect that after having gone through this whole fiasco he probably would prefer to ditch the whole thing.

I can't imagine what the P96 team could possibly want. Is it a royalty issue (on a 6 year old product no less) or a personal bone they have to pick? One thing is for certain... you need a thick skin to attempt to do anything productive in this market. Being thickheaded apparently is a prerequisite for most too.

I can't imagine why Hyperion would care either. Given Amiga's interest in maintaining the product why woudn't they just take over distribution and win both ways? For that matter the work on Amithlon could contribute greatly to an x86 version of the OS -- if and when that ever materializes.

Offline ne_one

• Show all replies
Re: Amithlon - Anything Happening?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2002, 09:17:39 PM »
@bhoggett

"I suspect that after having gone through this whole fiasco he probably would prefer to ditch the whole thing."

>No comment.

That pretty much says it all. Please give him our regards. We can't imagine what he has had to endure but obviously quite a few people have a practical and personal interest in his well being. Hopefully Bernie has been sidetracked rather than demotivated.

Most of us would really like to better understand the situation, but appreciate that it would compromise the integrity of any legal wranglings. Obviously we all know someone is accountable.