Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOS 4.1 Update 5 CD for the AmigaONE X1000 "First Contact" system has gone GOLD!  (Read 11655 times)

Description:

Offline BillE

• Show all replies
Quote from: Piru;677863
There's nothing to comment in this news item. Well, other than it lacks all vital information, but one has grown to expect that from these PR stunt announcements.

How is it a PR stunt ?

They have announced the availability of the X1000, what do you expect them to say, it is NOT ready yet ?

Some so called "Amiga" users are just so negative about anything that isn't 20 years old or more.

BTW. My X1000 has been running very nicely for a while now :-)

Offline BillE

• Show all replies
Quote from: Piru;677874
Can you answer those questions then? Oh wait, I forgot, you're under NDA...
I guess it's up to the end users to find out for themselves what they're stuck with.
Am I really THAT unreasonable to think this situation just stinks?

1. Yes, I would get shot if I mentioned more. Just be happy it is released and not a figment like you naysayers were saying not long ago.

2. So you will have to wait for an end user to tell you how good it is.

3. Yes you are.

Offline BillE

• Show all replies
Quote from: koaftder;677932
People can say whatever they like, but bottom line the machine depicted in the image below is the new Amiga, no "quotation" marks necessary:

What a joke. It looks like CUSA cr*p to me.

Its like buying a McDonalds burger and calling it steak.

Whatever trademarks CUSA have, what they manufacture are NOT Amigas in the slightest.

Offline BillE

• Show all replies
Quote from: zylesea;677963
I would never ever sign an nda which threatens with getting shot...

Get a life. It was meant in jest.

Sheesh these anti-OS people pick up on any bit of triviality they can.

I am going back to civilised forums like AWN and Amigans. This one is really a waste of time, all the news is for machines 20 years out of date that should have been scrapped long ago like OS3.x and 68K software.

The only time there is any news of interest on this backward looking RETRO site, all the scum creep out of the woodwork.