Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Forever 2011 Premium Edition Give Away for the Cheap Asses  (Read 13223 times)

Description:

Offline ptek

• Show only replies by ptek
Re: Amiga Forever 2011 Premium Edition Give Away for the Cheap Asses
« Reply #44 from previous page: May 06, 2011, 06:58:08 PM »
Quote from: Transition;635606
Have you ever wanted to get Amiga Forever 2011 Premium Edition but were too cheap to buy it yourself? We will be giving away six copies of Amiga Forever 2011 Premium Edition on July 6th, 2011. These will be shipped from Italy.

No purchase is required to enter this contest just send us a message via the link below to enter.

http://www.discreetfx.com/contact.html

Please put "I am a cheap ass and want to win a free Amiga Forever 2011 Premium Edition" in the subject header and body of the message. Winners will be announced on July 6th, 2011 and product will ship from Cloanto in Italy.

Best regards

DiscreetFX Team

I am wondering if there is a catch...
Onions have layers ...

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2011, 07:02:04 PM »
Quote from: ptek;636037
I am wondering if there is a catch...

Yes, you win free stuff.

The End

:)
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2011, 07:05:24 PM »
Quote from: AmigaHeretic;636035
That's how all Gas is sold in the U.S.  $3.989 per gallon for example. People don't even notice any more because they sort of hide that last nine and make it a little smaller on the signs.  But if you go buy a 1 gallon of gas I wonder what they charge you?  $3.98 and 9/10 of a penny?  Hold on sir let me get my metal cutters out shave some of this penny off!

It's the same here with petrol prices but as I don't drive then it doesn't bother me. Only if I'm in a car and the driver pulls in to the garage to fill it up, I then attract the attention of the cashier and point at the prices and make the sign for that's nuts at him or her (generally I get the sign back for f-off in reply)... :)

PS:while we're on the subject why do you call it "gas" in the USA, its a liquid, never could get me head round that one... :)

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2011, 07:12:38 PM »
Quote from: Transition;636040
Yes, you win free stuff.

The End

:)

Naaahh....

Too simple!  How about right when they're about to win free stuff, someone slaps them with a haddock!  :lol:

Offline TheBilgeRat

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2011, 07:14:10 PM »
Quote from: Franko;636041
It's the same here with petrol prices but as I don't drive then it doesn't bother me. Only if I'm in a car and the driver pulls in to the garage to fill it up, I then attract the attention of the cashier and point at the prices and make the sign for that's nuts at him or her (generally I get the sign back for f-off in reply)... :)

PS:while we're on the subject why do you call it "gas" in the USA, its a liquid, never could get me head round that one... :)

gas is short for gasoline:  From Wikipedia:

Etymology

A gasoline can (which are typically red) from Midwest Can Company

"Gasoline" is cited (under the spelling "gasolene") from 1865 in the Oxford English Dictionary.[1] The trademark Gasoline was never registered, and eventually became generic in North America and the Philippines.
 The word "petrol" has been used in English to refer to raw petroleum since the sixteenth century.[1] However, it was first used to refer to the refined fuel in 1892, when it was registered as a trade name by British wholesaler Carless, Capel & Leonard at the suggestion of Frederick Richard Simms, as a contraction of 'St. Peter's Oil.' [2] Carless's competitors used the term "motor spirit" until the 1930s.[3][4] The Oxford English Dictionary suggests that this usage may have been inspired by the French pétrole.[1]
 In many countries, gasoline has a colloquial name derived from that of the chemical benzene (e.g., German Benzin). In other countries, especially in those portions of Latin America where Spanish predominates (i.e., most of the region except Brazil), it has a colloquial name derived from that of the chemical naphtha (e.g., Argentine/Uruguaian/Paraguaian nafta).[5]. However the standard Spanish word is 'gasolina'.

Offline Franko

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2011, 07:18:22 PM »
Ahhh... as simple as that eh... well I never... :)

Sometimes the simple things in life are hard to see... :)

Must be why, when I look in the mirror there's no-one there... :)

Offline TheBilgeRat

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2011, 07:19:54 PM »
Quote from: Franko;636046
Ahhh... as simple as that eh... well I never... :)

Sometimes the simple things in life are hard to see... :)

Must be why, when I look in the mirror there's no-one there... :)

See?  It was you brits all along, and it stuck here in the colonies after you all moved on to "petrol" :lol:

Offline Franko

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2011, 07:24:05 PM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;636047
See?  It was you brits all along, and it stuck here in the colonies after you all moved on to "petrol" :lol:

Oh yeah... go on blame the Brits... (I would) cos I'm not one of them, Scottish thru & thru, Brits is just them lot south of the border, always causes nothing but bother that lot... :D

PS:Meths is much better & cheaper, just don't drink anymore than 3 pints at a time... ;)

Offline Nlandas

• Show only replies by Nlandas
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2011, 07:26:40 PM »
Quote from: Franko;636041

LOL! Franko - Good one - Of course its the colloquial for gasoline.

I never understood, why Europeans called Soccer - Football - Oh, wait - never mind. LOL! 8^D
I think, Therefore - Amiga....

Offline Bigbronc

• Show only replies by Bigbronc
    • http://www.AnyNameAnyState.com
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2011, 07:27:24 PM »
Because it is gas, you just see it as a liquid, it has a flash point below zero. If you remove it from the container it becomes gas as you point out, and very dangerous too.:confused:
:python:

Offline Franko

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2011, 08:00:09 PM »
Quote from: Nlandas;636049
LOL! Franko - Good one - Of course its the colloquial for gasoline.

I never understood, why Europeans called Soccer - Football - Oh, wait - never mind. LOL! 8^D

Nope too late you've said it (and I don't even like football either) but... :)

Football is the original and only proper name for the game (generally you use your feet to kick the ball)... :)  

Soccer is a made up word by you lot over the pond cos you tried to nick our term Football to use in you're Rugby game you call American Football, which is daft as you use your hand in that silly big girls blouse of a game and hardly use you're feet, plus you play it using a Rugby ball just to confuse maters further... ;)

The worlds biggest and most viewed sporting event is called "The Football World Cup" not "The Soccer World Cup"... ;)

Definition for fifa:
The Fédération Internationale de Football Association (International Federation of Association Football), commonly known by its acronym, FIFA (usual ), is the international governing body of association football.

It's like Tap but you lot call it Faucet, why do you murder the English langauge, there's a thought why has it got to be called English ruddy southerners worse than you lot over the pond... :D

Offline Franko

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2011, 08:04:10 PM »
Quote from: Bigbronc;636050
Because it is gas, you just see it as a liquid, it has a flash point below zero. If you remove it from the container it becomes gas as you point out, and very dangerous too.:confused:

It's only dangerous when you pour it over someone and tease them with a match... :)

PS:It's still a liquid though "Liquid Petroleum"... ;)

PPS: So that makes water a gas too as it will evaporate when exposed to the air... ;)

Offline Fraggle1

• Show only replies by Fraggle1
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2011, 08:31:50 PM »
@ Franko

"why has it got to be called English"

Ah ! Now here I can speak as an 'expert'. English & Scottish are NOT the same language. They share a lot of words & have many others which are similar, hence speakers of both languages can (sometimes) understand each other, much like Breton & Welsh speakers.

I know this because although I was born in England, my dad was from Glasgow (Ma da' wuz frae Glesca)  
See what I mean, Franko ? LOL ;-)

Offline desiv

• Show only replies by desiv
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2011, 08:33:23 PM »
Quote from: Franko;636053
The worlds biggest and most viewed sporting event is called "The Football World Cup" not "The Soccer World Cup"... ;)
Of course, that's why that game is called SWOF, Sensible World of F...

um..

You sure you call it football over there??

:roflmao:

desiv
Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1230/28 - 4G CF, MAS Player, ext floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 500 w/ 2M CHIP and 8M FAST RAM, DCTV, AEHD floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 1000 w/ 4M FAST RAM, DUAL CF hard drives, external floppy.

Offline Franko

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2011, 08:48:01 PM »
@ Fraggle1

Ah ken rat bit why huz it goat tae be called English why kin we no call it Scottish ren... :)

Ohh... a wee song we used to sing as weans has just popped into me napper...

Ma Da he wurk's up ra Barras
Cleanin ra lavvies at night
And when comes hame in ra morning
He's covered in ten tun o Sh...
:D

@ Desiv

Well as it was written by Sensible (who weren't actually) I've never understood that either... :)

I did write to them many years ago pointing this out to them but as usual I never received a reply... :(

Buy a ticket to an old firm game if you ever visit Glasgow and in the crowd try and utter the words "I like this game of soccer you chaps play" and see if you can get past uttering the letters S & O in soccer before you get a bridie stuffed up your rear end... these Football fans can be a wee bit tetchie on that subject I'm afraid... ;)

Offline Franko

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2011, 09:14:23 PM »
Just remembered another wee song we used to sing... :)

this one's sung to the theme tune of auld Lizzie (Ie: God Save The Queen)... :)

Gawd bless my Auntie Jean
She lives in Aberdeen
Gawd Bless her soul

Pokie Hat between four aeh us
Thank gawd there's neigh more aeh us
Gawd bless her soul

:D