Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: C64x Unboxing videos  (Read 29506 times)

Description:

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
Re: C64x Unboxing videos
« on: July 09, 2011, 04:09:32 PM »
Quote from: hbarcellos;648806
I couldn't care less about who they are and what they did.
I think the HW looks great. With the right SW on it, it could be better.
They should invest on a fully customized LINUX distro with C64 Look&Feel along with a c64 emulator somehow integrated with linux. Maybe double clicking .d64's and running those in full screen.

First, you have to understand that the people on Amiga.org are nothing but a bunch of whiners who couldn't see the forest for the trees. They like old archaic stuff that no one else would buy. They just don't get it, but in order to sell something Amiga today you almost have to go PC oreintated. Lets look at the stuff they are doing which amigians think are great:

1. Morphos -- uses a 10 year old MAC, using a MAC alone is a disgrace to the real Amigians.
                    they really insult the old Amiga users with this. Probably works good, don't
                    don't know since I sort of hate MACS, but this may be the one that breaks
                    my back, really curious to see how it works.

2. Natami --   Whew, this guy is really desperite, he is really using some old CPU's and calls
                    it the updating and modernization of the Amiga, Ok they can try to sell it but
                    I wouldn't buy it, basically old hardware.

3. AROS  --    A very interesting group, they probably will have the most success if they
                    keep going and open up their specifications for use of a PC. I am keeping a
                    total eye on this one.

4. Sam 440 -- Wow the cost of one of these would buy a good modern day PC that would
                    really blow away the PC gaming world, but as of yet a totally useless
                    endeavor, who supports it? a couple of hobby people who make small
                    programs for it.
                   Advantages -- it runs OS 4.1, it turns on and works.
                   Disadvantages -- No support, updates for OS 4.1 (maybe). Looks like a
                                           confined dead system.

5. Minimig -- Ok has the power of an A500, plays old Amiga stuff, will probably buy one
                  buy one, but once again the cost is very high, Cloanto's Amiga Forever a
                  better proposition.

6. CUSA --   A really big joke, with a lot of effort, who wants to spend that much for what
                  they give you. Go to NewEgg or TigerDirect and buy a real computer. Then
                  get WinUAE or C64 emulator and run it on a real computer.
                  Advantages -- they are making now and IT WORKS. If everything else fails
                  you can still use windows or Ubuntu for your computer needs.
                  Disadvantages -- WAY TO EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT YOU GET.

7. Clonto's Amiga Forever -- This is there, it works very very good, on a MODERN day
                                       computer it works super fast emulating an Amiga, it works
                                       with just about every model of Amiga out there with no
                                       hassle. It is what the Amiga should of been, fast, efficient,
                                       hassle free, no setting up for pal, or NTSC, no using degrader,
                                       modern day graphics, internet (if someone would upgrade the
                                       browsers) usb ports work. Can use floppies, CD's, DVD's,
                                       Needs programmers to drop all the other BS projects and start
                                       programming new modern day programs for it. Constantly
                                       upgradeable, hardware is plentiful and inexpensive.
                                       NOTHING AN AMIGIAN WOULD USE TODAY BECAUSE THEY ARE
                                       ALL A BUNCH OF KNOTHEADS THAT COULDN'T SEE THE LIGHT
                                       IF YOU SHONE IT IN THEIR EYES. THAT IS WHY CUSA IS
                                       BRINGING OUT IT'S UNDERPOWERED COMPUTERS.
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better